Rusty Barrel

lukejr175

Whent to get the rifle out of the cabinet earlier on this afternoon and there was rust formed on the lenght of the barrell.
I wiped it down with an oily rag and it dissapered. Is this caused by condensation? And are there any products on the market to stop this.
Thanks

Whent to get the rifle out of the cabinet earlier on this afternoon and there was rust formed on the lenght of the barrell.
I wiped it down with an oily rag and it dissapered. Is this caused by condensation? And are there any products on the market to stop this.
Thanks
Try the Napier stuff (VP90?), it helps if you dry the gun thoroughly and gently warm it before putting it away

after every trip i put rifle in cleaning vice and let it sit there for hour or two,wipe it down with a cleaning cloth before puting it away,also have a few of those moisture absorbing gel packs in cabinet top and bottom,same in ammo safe

As per above leave any guns to dry out before putting them away. I wipe mine down with an ever so slightly oily rag and the barrel is swabbed with an oily patch.

The VP90 patches are very good, I was amazed with the results. They are different from silica crystal type desecants that pull moisture from the air, the VP90 releases an agent that is attacted to metal and guards against corrosion. Pricey but worth every single penny. Ali

As per above leave any guns to dry out before putting them away. I wipe mine down with an ever so slightly oily rag and the barrel is swabbed with an oily patch.

The VP90 patches are very good, I was amazed with the results. They are different from silica crystal type desecants that pull moisture from the air, the VP90 releases an agent that is attacted to metal and guards against corrosion. Pricey but worth every single penny. Ali
+1 lived in a caravan on the shoot for 3 seasons along with my guns brrrr sure vp 90 s helped keep stuff rust free

As said above,
Leave to air dry in the house and then a wipe over with a silicon cloth before putting away.
I also wrap my Blaser bolt in a silicon cloth before putting it in the ammo safe.

I just put this product on my rifle, heated it up near my wood burner first as everything was stripped from a bluing job and applied it three times then wiped clean. Time will tell if it works but alot of good write ups on it, you can even use it in your car engine as opposed to slik50 etc. Its is even used in barrels by the military.

http://www.militec1.com/

Back