Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: humane despatch

humane despatch

To save the hassle of trying to get a pistol,would there be anything stopping me getting a 22 and cutting the stock and barrel down to the minimum or maybe a long barreled pistol.Not sure where definitions come in.BTW pest control business so need something discreet for despatching foxes in cage traps

moderated 410 , wrap it in a tarp , put the tarp over the trap go under it and shoot the fox with a subsonic cartridge bag up your fox wrap up your gun off you go

To get a long barrelled pistol you'd still need to put a variation in and join a target club as good reason to own it, and then I doubt they'd condition it for dispatch... It would be less hassle to get a 2 shot .38 revolver, you clearly have good reason.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Hi Mick

when you apply to renew your section 1, have the/a .22 rifle put on to specify also to kill foxes ( explain in a letter that it is for trapping etc), that way you don't require a section 5, I don't have a section 5 now for humane dispatch foxes it is on my open certificate for foxes for .22 and .17 HMR. (although I don't use a .17 on foxes)

Wouldn't worry about being discreet, the job is lead by safety, place the traps in a suitable catchment area to avoid any problems and it is safe to discharge a firearm, don't forget to get a police CAD number prior to. if this is not possible transport the animal to a suitable place keeping within the wildlife and countryside act, hope this of some help

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    To get a long barrelled pistol you'd still need to put a variation in and join a target club as good reason to own it, and then I doubt they'd condition it for dispatch... It would be less hassle to get a 2 shot .38 revolver, you clearly have good reason.
    if you pest control by way of business then youhave really good reason, to have pistol but i thnk the police would grant you a 22rf pistol for foxes,restricted to 2 shots or silge shot

Built up area = concrete and a .22rf? No chance. Silenced .410 or even a .410 cut down (on a FAC)

what about a .410 pistol?

Attachment 10512
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

like the idea of a 410 pistol

Although firing shorgun shells, a .410 pistol still falls under a Section 5 prohibited weapon. A good idea mind you.

I do rta animal distpatch for Hampshire police, i also have a 410 bouble barreled pistol for vermin control on my FAC, but have been told that i cant use it for rta's.