Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting Times

Question Shooting Times

Anybody read the piece about the 14 year old girl who was sentenced to to an 8 month referral order after she used a ferret to capture a wild rabbit,which she later killed and cooked with a group of friends,According to the paper The Northern Echo ,the girl admitted at Newton Aycliffe Magistrates Court to causing unnecessary suffering to a PROTECTED ANIMAL.She was also ordered to pay a 200 fine and was banned from owning or keeping animals for 10 years.

Its not april fools already is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by IanLuc View Post
    Its not april fools already is it ?
    It could only be ?

i read this today too and i was gonna ask the same question on here , what did she do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by KMCK View Post
    Anybody read the piece about the 14 year old girl who was sentenced to to an 8 month referral order after she used a ferret to capture a wild rabbit,which she later killed and cooked with a group of friends,According to the paper The Northern Echo ,the girl admitted at Newton Aycliffe Magistrates Court to causing unnecessary suffering to a PROTECTED ANIMAL.She was also ordered to pay a 200 fine and was banned from owning or keeping animals for 10 years.

i couldnt get my head around that one either!!!

It would appear that the loonies are actually running the asylum.

Some one please stop the world as I wish to get off!

Quote Originally Posted by KMCK View Post
    Difficult to tell what she did wrong, but it does say "later killed". How much later? Seconds, minutes, hours or weeks? Perhaps this has some bearing on the matter and the rabbit was inhumanely despatched, the report could have told us more.

Yes, I saw it too, and posted about it on another forum; with more or less the same question about it being a joke.

when will this "correcectness" stop

i actually know the family,and sadiy this is true .the young lass is ferreting mad and no bother whatso ever and some do gooder saw her and her mates catch this rabbit and kill it and so the story spirals out of control,30 years ago people would stop and ask us as young ferreters if they could have a rabbit, where will it end.?
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money