Shooting Times

KMCK

Anybody read the piece about the 14 year old girl who was sentenced to to an 8 month referral order after she used a ferret to capture a wild rabbit,which she later killed and cooked with a group of friends,According to the paper The Northern Echo ,the girl admitted at Newton Aycliffe Magistrates Court to causing unnecessary suffering to a PROTECTED ANIMAL.She was also ordered to pay a £200 fine and was banned from owning or keeping animals for 10 years.:doh:

Anybody read the piece about the 14 year old girl who was sentenced to to an 8 month referral order after she used a ferret to capture a wild rabbit,which she later killed and cooked with a group of friends,According to the paper The Northern Echo ,the girl admitted at Newton Aycliffe Magistrates Court to causing unnecessary suffering to a PROTECTED ANIMAL.She was also ordered to pay a £200 fine and was banned from owning or keeping animals for 10 years.:doh:

i couldnt get my head around that one either!!!

It would appear that the loonies are actually running the asylum.

Some one please stop the world as I wish to get off!

Difficult to tell what she did wrong, but it does say "later killed". How much later? Seconds, minutes, hours or weeks? Perhaps this has some bearing on the matter and the rabbit was inhumanely despatched, the report could have told us more.

Yes, I saw it too, and posted about it on another forum; with more or less the same question about it being a joke.

i actually know the family,and sadiy this is true .the young lass is ferreting mad and no bother whatso ever and some do gooder saw her and her mates catch this rabbit and kill it and so the story spirals out of control,30 years ago people would stop and ask us as young ferreters if they could have a rabbit, where will it end.?

On another forum last year a chap told of his lad being asked by his teacher what he did over the weekend.
When the teacher learned the lad had been rabbiting with his dad she actually phoned social services. As nothing illegal had taken place only the threat of legal action against the teacher, the school and social services from his dad made them back off. It always seemed a natural progression for a young lad to follow in his dads and grandads footsteps into hunting but now it seems not if the teacher/school disapproves. Townies have alot to answer for.

When my son told his teacher that he'd been rabbit shooting with me, and I'd shown him how to gut and skin, she was straight on the phone to my wife, saying that he possibly needed psychiatric help due to his overactive imagination!
Needless to say, she was somewhat taken aback when my wife told her it was true!
My wife was then asked by the school if she thought it was 'appropriate or safe' to have guns in the house, and do the police know?

i get shooting times every week read it back to front no story in the paper about this, it was not in shooting times

paul

My wife was then asked by the school if she thought it was 'appropriate or safe' to have guns in the house, and do the police know?

I do hope your wife asked her to keep it quiet and not tell them - at least until after the Taliban had left the house.

When my son told his teacher that he'd been rabbit shooting with me, and I'd shown him how to gut and skin, she was straight on the phone to my wife, saying that he possibly needed psychiatric help due to his overactive imagination!
Needless to say, she was somewhat taken aback when my wife told her it was true!

Words fail me!:banghead:

Back