Barrel Mount for Video Camera

Have a look at the Go Pro HD.

I am pretty sure you could mount one of those to your gun as you can mount them to a ski pole which is not that far off a gun barrel.

Mounting it on the barrel? Surely, that would mess with the harmonics and effect the accuracy of the rifle.

Wouldn't it be better mounted on the scope tube?

$69... christ that's expensive!

Why not make one...

An old alloy dove tail air rifle scope mount
Some insulating tape to protect your scope barrel
Small block of wood cut to fit dove tails
Drilled and counter sunk for a bolt with same thread as camera mount and cut to size
Simples

(Caveat, I've not tried this so in way can be held responsible for damaging your rifle, scope, camera... :D )

camera mount.jpg

Have a look at the Go Pro HD.

I am pretty sure you could mount one of those to your gun as you can mount them to a ski pole which is not that far off a gun barrel.

Eggy, I was looking for a bracket to mount the camera I already have, not go to the expense of buying a new camera. Thanks for the input though.
LT.

Not a bad idea Stig. Better be careful that your foot doesn't fall off, Blackadder!!!

I might give it a try. Just thought that the one in the link could be quickly swapped between rifle and shotgun and easily removed from both if not required. I will give the subject some more thought.

Anyone else have any input?

$69... christ that's expensive!

Why not make one...

An old alloy dove tail air rifle scope mount
Some insulating tape to protect your scope barrel
Small block of wood cut to fit dove tails
Drilled and counter sunk for a bolt with same thread as camera mount and cut to size
Simples

(Caveat, I've not tried this so in way can be held responsible for damaging your rifle, scope, camera... :D )

View attachment 10510

Back