Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck between a rock and a hard place!!!

Stuck between a rock and a hard place!!!

Well here's my problem I am young eager to get going but heads pickled where to start...

I have been gratefully being going along with an experienced stalker for about 8 years,but recently lost touch with me coming of age to go off and find a job.. So now despretly tring to get back into the thing I love.. So where do I start? I need my FAC but how do obtain land because I really don't think any local farmer is going to let what look like a total novic come onthere land and use it for there first FAC ( i may be wrong and I intend to ask) I do have a letter from a member of SD saying I am a customer of his ( very appreciated) is this and another future booked stalks enuf to gain FAC? I really just want to get out there but I ain't no millionaire where I can pay for stalks every week ( I wish I could)

A point in any direction would be greatfully appreciated or even how you guys started as I dont come from a family where hunting is a chosen sport.it's just what I have chosen and love.

David

If your 1st aim is to get your FAC then all you need is a farmer prepared to let you list his ground. Beyond that I think as a novice you would be aswell seeking out a gun club/range and using that to get your FAC but also learn what you can. You also are likely to need a mentor befoer your local constabulary will let you out with a rifle. So again I suspect the club is the way to go.

Didn't mean to come across as only wanting my FAC. I was intending my dsc level 1 but looking like jan before I will be able to attend that.good idea about the gun club/range something I will look into tomorrow try find a few and give them a call.

If you want on to land with lots of deer and were you can stalk in comfort take up golf.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy65 View Post
    If you want on to land with lots of deer and were you can stalk in comfort take up golf.
    Total lost with this one?? When gained FAC and dsc 1 will pay for my own land.

I think you need to change your profile to Glasgow and you may find the offers of a day out easier? Ayrshire is a wee bit out the way?

Joke when totally over my head must have been a blonde moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I think you need to change your profile to Glasgow and you may find the offers of a day out easier? Ayrshire is a wee bit out the way?
    Yeah good point, never really go on my profile so hadn't noticed.

Hi dave i have offered to take you out to get sume practise & to run you through leve 1
    will have to meet up firest to see you.but will have to fit it in with my work sunday ok this week

Gun club.At ayr .ayr small bore rozelle park mondays 7.30 pm
    Last edited by big_dog; 22-11-2011 at 19:09.