Stuck between a rock and a hard place!!!

davidm

Well here's my problem I am young eager to get going but heads pickled where to start...

I have been gratefully being going along with an experienced stalker for about 8 years,but recently lost touch with me coming of age to go off and find a job.. So now despretly tring to get back into the thing I love.. So where do I start? I need my FAC but how do obtain land because I really don't think any local farmer is going to let what look like a total novic come onthere land and use it for there first FAC ( i may be wrong and I intend to ask) I do have a letter from a member of SD saying I am a customer of his ( very appreciated) is this and another future booked stalks enuf to gain FAC? I really just want to get out there but I ain't no millionaire where I can pay for stalks every week ( I wish I could)

A point in any direction would be greatfully appreciated or even how you guys started as I dont come from a family where hunting is a chosen sport.it's just what I have chosen and love.

David

If your 1st aim is to get your FAC then all you need is a farmer prepared to let you list his ground. Beyond that I think as a novice you would be aswell seeking out a gun club/range and using that to get your FAC but also learn what you can. You also are likely to need a mentor befoer your local constabulary will let you out with a rifle. So again I suspect the club is the way to go.

Didn't mean to come across as only wanting my FAC. I was intending my dsc level 1 but looking like jan before I will be able to attend that.good idea about the gun club/range something I will look into tomorrow try find a few and give them a call.

I think you need to change your profile to Glasgow and you may find the offers of a day out easier? Ayrshire is a wee bit out the way?

Hi dave i have offered to take you out to get sume practise & to run you through leve 1
will have to meet up firest to see you.but will have to fit it in with my work sunday ok this week

Gun club.At ayr .ayr small bore rozelle park mondays 7.30 pm

Last edited:
I don't know what the rabbit population is like near you but it might be worth getting an air rifle and look for some rabbiting to start with. If you do a good job and become trusted that could then ask about sgc or fac.

Hi dave i have offered to take you out to get sume practise & to run you through leve 1
will have to meet up firest to see you.but will have to fit it in with my work sunday ok this week

Gun club.At ayr .ayr small bore rozelle park mondays 7.30 pm

Thanks very much pm sent :)

I don't know what the rabbit population is like near you but it might be worth getting an air rifle and look for some rabbiting to start with. If you do a good job and become trusted that could then ask about sgc or fac.

Thanks very much jimo advice taking on board this is the kind of advice a was looking for.

You could always get your SGC first as you dont need land to have one. Find yourself some rough shooting and go from there, gaining trust from the land owner. You might find it easier to gain some ground having your SGC as ive heard from some people that land owners dont always take airguns to be proper pest control guns. Just a thought

Cheers
Ben

You could always get your SGC first as you dont need land to have one. Find yourself some rough shooting and go from there, gaining trust from the land owner. You might find it easier to gain some ground having your SGC as ive heard from some people that land owners dont always take airguns to be proper pest control guns. Just a thought

Cheers
Ben

Yeah that sounds like a good idea then I suppose after having sgc for a while should help towards my own FAC thanks Ben

David

Back