Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Break down rifle

Break down rifle

Hi

I am thinking of getting a break down rifle in 3006 for boar shootin. Any advice

Thanks

Why? Saur, Swiss arms both break down with tools. I do have my doubts about the James bond rifle in a suit case!

Got a Mauser M03 in 30.06 and I am loving it, Highly recomended.

Dave

I gather you mean one of the Single shots the break open like a shotgun or a double rifle?

Now thee are several models and makes that can be had in the former a single barrel single shot break action rifle for the cheaper like the Baikal MH18 and Rossi to the skies the limit like the Ferlach hand made guns. In between there is the rather expensive, to me anyway, Blaser, Heym and Chapuis.

Same I suppose could be said about Double what with the Baikal double rifle available in 30-06.

As for other break down rifles sorry don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Hi

I am thinking of getting a break down rifle in 3006 for boar shootin. Any advice

Thanks
    I have a double barrelled Baikal in 30-06 with a ZeissReflexvisier if you are interested. Has hardly been used.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    I gather you mean one of the Single shots the break open like a shotgun or a double rifle?

Now thee are several models and makes that can be had in the former a single barrel single shot break action rifle for the cheaper like the Baikal MH18 and Rossi to the skies the limit like the Ferlach hand made guns. In between there is the rather expensive, to me anyway, Blaser, Heym and Chapuis.

Same I suppose could be said about Double what with the Baikal double rifle available in 30-06.

As for other break down rifles sorry don't know.

I'm only guessing here, but I think the expression our O.P. might have been searching for was... "take-down".

If he wants to shoot boar abroad .30-06 is a fair choice but some countries don't allow military cartridges.

Personally I've never been attracted to take-downs, as such, though I do have a rifle in .30-06 and I'm very pleased with it. However, at the moment I've got a definite hankering for one you didn't mention, i.e. a Merkel... double, possibly chambered to .30r Blaser... which is basically a rimmed cartridge that will give a close approximation to .30-06 performance in a "break open" rifle and has the dual advantages of being able to be dismantled for compact transportation and is not a military cartridge and being a double that second shot is right there waiting for you to use. We can all dream... or maybe I just need to save harder

Sauer, Blaser or Mauser 03 will all do the job. The beauty of these rifles is that they can pack down into a short case for travelling.

If it is purely for portability you want this rifle and don't intend to add more barrels, the Sauer 202 is the best option.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I saw a Sauer Hitari down at Steve Beatty's, I doubt there are many nicer take down rifles out there, especially at that price.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Voere Austria have take down rifles also.
    edi

How about a Thompson Center Encore? Accurate and rugged.~Muir