View Poll Results: Which of these would best describe the majority of your stalking?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have no stalking.

4 5.80%
  • I get occasional invited free days.

6 8.70%
  • I pay for occasional days.

10 14.49%
  • I'm in a small 'private' group/syndicate - we share payment for a lease.

13 18.84%
  • I'm in a bigger group/syndicate which leases the land - I pay them.

2 2.90%
  • I personally lease land for my own use.

8 11.59%
  • I personally lease land and re-let it for profit.

1 1.45%
  • I own my land/stalking.

9 13.04%
  • I'm a 'professional' stalker and get paid to stalk.

3 4.35%
  • I do work for land/lease owners and get to stalk in return.

13 18.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your stalking?

What's your stalking?

I'd like to see if there is a particular stalking set-up which applies to the stalkers on here, or whether people's experiences are more diverse.

All of these options are what I have seen people describe on the forum.

Take it as read that I won't cover every eventuality here. I'll take it as read that you won't agree with the principle of many of them. They've all been criticised in one way or another. No need to comment, you can just vote.

Snowstorm, my stalking is a combination of several of your list and one important one not on the list.

I do get occasional free invites to stalk. I buy a few days stalking most years, just to have something different to do, or to have a go at a species not available to me at home.

I also have access to several hundred acres of farmland were I can go whenever I like. This is an entirely free permission. The farmer had more deer on his land than he was happy about, and he just wanted some one to thin them out. I am happy to provide this service gratis!! 8)

Snowstorm
    I know you said no need to comment but most of my stalking foc.
    I manage the deer and split the venison with the landowners ?

Wayne

snowstorm
    All my stalking and vermin and pest control is via word of mouth and it is free of charge as on a lot of land were i shoot the owners have being plagued by people wanting too come and shoot on there land and then making themselves a nuisance or worse so they would rather have one gun who dose the job for free and is trustworthy rather than being payed by some shooters who end up being Cnuts. All the farmers that have asked me to shoot on there land say that the money doesn't not cover the hassle .
    All it cost me is a few box,s of chocolates at Christmas.

Bob

I did have more options, including combinations of the above - but the system said I had too many choices so I just left the more obvious ones.

Davie
    sORRY SNOWY BUT I THINK ONE OF YOUR OPTIONS SHOULD HAVE BEEN DO YOU GET STALKING FOR FREE. MINE DONT COST ME INFACT I GET A FEW FREE BOTTLES OF WHISKY AT THE END OF THE YEAR.
    I CANT JOIN THE POLL

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Snowstorm

Not really any of the above!

I am a 'retained' stalker as part of a deer management team on a number of local estates. I get to go stalking when I want, can take out/guide clients, but also have the option to pay for a 'trophy' if that's what I decide to shoot.

willie_gunn

6.5 - I imagine you'd be something like 2, you can ignore the 'occasional'.

willie - I pictured being part of a formal management team as being the 2nd to last. or maybe the last as you get 'paid' in stalking to go go stalking.

Do try and put youselves in somewhere, it's the overall picture that will be interesting.

Well, I'm in the same boat mine is for free as well. I shall be signing a lease later on for a forestry block next year that will be exclusively for site members. Now what category that will fall in I have no idea there is no intention to make a profit, there again if it pays for itself is another question. You decide where you want me to fit in and I will go along with it.

John

Davie
    Snowy i dont get invited mate i invite others occasionally well three times a week and stalking over 10.000 acres ps that's a guess.
    i sympathies with your post as it was a good one but dont cover a lot of folk.hope your not working for the di