Wife's first stag

Conor1

Greetings from Mauritius!

In short, on a family vacation in Mauritius. I took the wife out on Monday to shoot a boar. Instead the stalker let her shoot a Rusa Stag ..........from 180 meters. She is experienced with a rifle and very calm as a person. She shot him perfectly in the heart. The second shot was longer and she did the business again with a perfect heart/lung shot. She liked the 270 Win as well!

Cool as a cucumber, she said she understood why i got so excited about stalking! Looks like I have a new stalking partner when my regular mate can't make it.

Pics to follow. She wants to stalk the boar next!

this will start a vollie,,,generally i find that the lady stalkers are better shots and better at doing what they are told!!!! hah well done to her.

You obviously dont get the whole hunting/stalking thing.

Its something we men do to GET AWAY from the wives. :D

The problem being now is if she wants her own gear, she will be wanting to know how the fook you managed to get all the gear, rifle, scope binos etc, etc at a vastly reduced rate that these are actually being sold for, you could try inflation, but I think even the best blagger out there would struggle to blame "Inflation rises".

Good Luck, but very well done to her for her success.

TJ

It's true, women are much better at taking instruction, though not necessarily from their better halves!

As for it being a regular occurrence, that is, her stalking with me, I doubt it. But she has expressed an interest in doing it again. As for costs, she is fully aware of what I spend. She bought me my Leica Geovids and encourages to me to buy Zeiss scopes; she's an optician and knows her glass.

As for seeking a solitary moment to escape her..........there's always the fly rod, which she wasn't overly enamored with! As it is, I am delighted to say that my wife made me very happy with her performance on the hill with a gun.

Here are a couple of photos.........these are what they call abnormals" because of the poor antler formation.

Nevertheless, she was delighted by the experience as was I. And yes, the guide uses a Blaser as well. Mind you, I am not a fan of Swarovski scopes..............Lionel will be getting a Zeiss scope soon!

Attachments

• IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1032.jpg
    IMG_1032.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 57
Hi Conor,

I'm sure your having a fantastic time and Lionel is obviously looking after you and your wife, when are we getting the pics of your Stag ?

Enjoy,

Moose

Hi Moose

I had a great time with Lionel; he`s a gent.

I haven`t finished uploading the photos yet, but it wont be long. Attached is a picture of one of the boar that I got. Seasons TV aired your exploits last week and the show went down a storm! I did manage to bring my "masacre" that is, the trophy back and it looks the business.

Hope you are keeping well.

All the best

Conor

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 23
That is a nice set of tusks on your boar well done, can't wait to see the other pics, the hunting estate is fantastic, hope you had as good a holiday in Mauritius, as our family did.

I got a copy of the of the film, sent over by the film-maker and it looks good (watch out Brad Pitt), a nice souvenier of the hunt, but as i don't speak French, i'm not sure whether they were saying good or bad about me.:D

Enjoy Portugal, now you got the taste for piggies.

All the best,

Moose

Back