Le Chameau mouflon boots

Meindl Dovre
Mine are 18 months old worn for a season and a half .The rubber rand has split vertically in numerous places
on both boots .Not impressed they are comfortable though !

Ok thanks for the heads up on the drop in quality. Mine will see me, hopefully, for a few years yet. I'll give the leather a feed in bit then leave them overnight and then buff and possibly wax them.

I only wear Mendl's, they are the longest lasting boots I have had at a year per pair. I wear them every day, they get covered in blood and hardly ever dry out but I have never found a pair that leaked within that year.

I have killed the LeChameau, Matterhorn and vairous others within 6 months.

Rather buy an expensive pair once a year than several cheap ones in the same time. You have to walk on your feet all your life, so look after them.

Well this wasn't what I was expecting..... so just to re-cap;
1. they're gonna leak
2. they're gonna squeak
3. the warranty isn't worth anything
4. they're over £200

But on the good side, they're top of the Le Chameau range and I should get between 3 and 6 months out of them.

I cant wait to get my new boots..............Meindls here we come.
Or should I go for Harkila. :rofl:

A keeper friend had a pair Chameau's which lasted no time, got replaced by shop and still didn't last. He then got a pair of Black Islanders and swears by them now, just another consideration for boots to get.

He got them two years ago, wears them daily with considerable abuse and little care and they're only just needing replaced now.

Last edited:
Just out with falconry lads today with my mouflon on now drying my wrinkled left foot out in front of fire.

i killed my last pair of muflon plusses in 13 months , their crap !

mendl are the way forward , they are a far far better and cheaper !

ive had a pair of the mouflon plus for the past seven years
ive worn them for stalking grouse and pheasnat shooting bad weather snow hail rain and all kind that the north and the east throws at them and gotta say mine havnt missed a beat. didnt wear anything else last winter in the deep snow and they only got a good waxing after spring and mine have been tip top can fault them...

Back