Thread: Interesting prefabricated Kanzel

Interesting prefabricated Kanzel

It only features briefly in the promo video but check out the construction of the full blown wendy house towards the end of the first video 'Aufstellen einer Kanzel' from the menu at the bottom of this link:

http://www.amarok-auf-jagd.de/#start

The mounting plates for the legs beneath the cabin appear to be hinged, allowing assembly flat on the ground. They then swing into position as the whole thing is raised by a front loader, with bracing pieces then added. Quite a good arrangement that might be adapted for off-site assembly of less sophisticated efforts?

Ahhh well the Germans have had plenty of practice and experience building these watch towers ........................................... I believe they used to go right across Germany at one point in a line .

I get your point on the modular construction though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Ahhh well the Germans have had plenty of practice and experience building these watch towers ........................................... I believe they used to go right across Germany at one point in a line .
    And also around the perimeter of Stalag-Lufts and other similar establishments I believe?

I think these latter day ones have more modest armaments than MG42s - though come to think of it that might not be a bad idea for driven boar?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    And also around the perimeter of Stalag-Lufts and other similar establishments I believe?

I think these latter day ones have more modest armaments than MG42s - though come to think of it that might not be a bad idea for driven boar?
    Perhaps our boarder agency could take a few hints... .

I have used a few high towers/boxes/seats depending on whom one is talking to but none quite like those German ones. They do have a distinctive style.

I wonder did anyone see the TV programmes on the Iron Curtain. It showed the wildlife that lived around it and was wonderful. Can't recall now when it was on but must have been some time back as I don't see much TV. Some of the scenery was rather nice too.