First pics with new Bushnell 1080p HD trailCam and a Roe Doe to boot

Robbo25

I Thought some of you may be interested in my first attempts with a Bushnell 1080p HD trail cam.

I set it up last Friday facing a shooting box I put up last year.. Returned this evening to see what I had managed to capture on film.

No Roe which was a big surprise, but I've picked up some Munties in the woods..... A surprise as i'd only seen one on the block of land a year or so ago....

On the way back to the car I decided to pop round to one of the high seats I have in place and see what was moving...

10 mins after sitting up I spied a nice Roe Doe out at around 250yrds.... The Doe browsed along a fence line and after around 15 minutes of watching her.. I squeezed the trigger.

A really nice heart shot I'm pleased to say and she's now hanging and ready for skinny and jointing tomorrow.

All in all a great end to the day and I'm off to reset in a different spot tomorrow.

All the best

Robbo25

Attachments

• deer.JPG
    deer.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Darrens trail cam 046.jpg
    Darrens trail cam 046.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 210
  • Darrens trail cam 049.jpg
    Darrens trail cam 049.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 199
  • Darrens trail cam 050.jpg
    Darrens trail cam 050.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Darrens trail cam 052.jpg
    Darrens trail cam 052.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 184
great picts ,having just purchased a stealth cam 8mp hope to get some great pics from my beat cheers shotz

The pics are really good dont leave the camera in one place for too long. I had one stolen a couple of months ago. thought it was well concealed but someone light fingered person found it and decided that there need was greater!!:mad:

The pics are really good dont leave the camera in one place for too long. I had one stolen a couple of months ago. thought it was well concealed but someone light fingered person found it and decided that there need was greater!!:mad:

Sods! I worry about that all the time.

surprised she wasn't with follower unless she's a yearling in great condition. What age would you say she was based on tooth wear, etc.?

nice highseat, and congrats on a nice clean H/L shot:tiphat:

surprised she wasn't with follower unless she's a yearling in great condition. What age would you say she was based on tooth wear, etc.?

nice highseat, and congrats on a nice clean H/L shot:tiphat:

Hi PKL,

In all honesty I didnt check her teeth..

I did however do the checks of her tongue, glands and other normal checks.

From the size of her I'd suggest she was a yearling however and her condition was great.. I'm 100% she didnt have a follower due to the amount of time I spent watching her and waiting for a suitable position to take the shot.

For the ground she was on.. (grassed field) any follower or other deer would have been out and about with her at the time of day she was shot and or during the time I had been watching.

All the best

Robbo25

Hi Hawksthorn,

I was lucky.. it was a present..

Shop around however and stick clear of some of the bigger sites unless they price match.

I think the bushnell was brought from an indepandant camera merchant after much serching of the internet to find the best price.

PM me if you want me to dig out the invoice etc.

Robbo25

she does look like a yearling, that was my first impression too, some venison for you in that one!

well done once again.

Back