Heym sr 20,21 or30

Roch

Heym Sr 20,21& 30
Hi I am looking for opinions from lucky owners of those German rifles.

I have an sr20 stuzen in .270. Very solidly built and accurate. Not handle a rifle that is as solidly built since...Mauser came close to it.

wills

I have a stutzen in 308 I gave to Dad, it is a SR20. I think I gave $1400 American dollars for it 2nd hand.

I have an ex-girlfriend that has a SR30 in 6.5x(something) can't remember if it is 6.5x55 or 6.5x57. She likes it a lot. I shot a 8x68S SR30 and it was slick, but the guy didn't want to sell it.

So 21 is the current turn bolt, SR30 is the current and only ratchet gun they have made. Everything Heym is good. Honestly you could own nothing but Heym and be very happy!

Stutzens are a nice looking rifle, one draw back is you can't fit a moderator. Just something to be aware of
Al

I had an SR20 and an SR30. The SR20 (a .243) was a good-looking and properly well-made rifle, but for whatever reason -I could never pin it down- I couldn't shoot it well, so I sold it on. I still have the SR30 (a .308), though, and really can't fault it.

I've also shot an SR21, which I liked, although I had some reservations about the stock, specifically the pistol grip, relating to handling. The problem I found was that when my finger was correctly placed for optimum trigger control, the palm swell wasn’t in my palm and the stock wood behind the grip didn't allow room for my thumb. Consequently, I found myself moving my hand up and down the grip looking unsuccessfully for a satisfactory hold.

My SR30 has Heym's "classic" stock, rather than the standard design, and though it is much simpler in appearance – no schnabel, straight comb, no palm swell or flare and no cheek-piece – it feels much more positive in the hands.

If you do fancy a Heym, then, I'd say try a Classic stocked version as well as a standard-stocked one and see which you prefer before you get your wallet out.

Can you compare Blaser R93 with Heym sr30 ( both have straight bolt action mechanism ). I like sr20 does any one know where I can get good condition S/H , guntrader?

Can you compare Blaser R93 with Heym sr30 ( both have straight bolt action mechanism ). I like sr20 does any one know where I can get good condition S/H , guntrader?

The R93 has a shorter bolt throw and a pivoting bolt handle, and uses an expanding-collet-type bolt head, while the SR30 has a full-length throw, a solid bolt with a radial lock-up provided by 6 ball bearings, and a cocker-de-cocker function on the bolt handle. The Blaser is also a true interchangeable-calibre rifle, whereas Heym's essentially need to be rebuilt is you want to shoot a different cartridge. What the Blaser doesn't have is the substantial feel, classic looks, or overall character of the SR30 - or a detachable magazine, for that matter.

I like R93s and R8s but I don't think I could get attached to one.

As for finding a S/H SR20, there are currently 7 on Guntrader, including one in a Macmillan stock which might suit if you find that the shapely factory stock doesn't suit your build.

Last edited:
I like classic look rifles even straight bolt action is to modern for me. The blaser suit maybe professional stalkers because is compact have got changing barrel system etc. But is not my cup of tea.

I use 3 Heyms, 2 sr30`s and a safari model. You wont beat them, quality, excellent build quality and single hole accuracy out of the box.
Blaser bolts are noisier, and feel a bit too "agricultural "for my liking.
Was shooting my safari model last weekend in a bit of a informal competition, was shooting single hole groups no problem, the sr30 performed as usual, fallow deer behind the ear ( yes I was aiming behind the ear )
Like comparing Fordson Major with a Rolls. That is just my opinion, just in case anyone takes offence :eek:
If you buy the best, you only have to buy it once.

used to use 180 gr RWS for everything in the 30-06, then went to Federal 180 when my supply of RWS dried up.
The 22-250 was barrelled for 40 gr hollow points. ( by Callum Ferguson, this was long time ago before Heym brought out the 22-250 in sr30)
I had a 243 (but stupidly sold it) and in that I used RWS too.
The Safari model uses whatever is cheapest,:lol: using Winchester 530 gr at the moment.

I have a Heym sr20 in 7mm08 (rebarrelled by the previous owner from 308). I didn't pay too much for it (or at least I didnt think so, £500 compared to the new price of over £1500) and I will without doubt have it for the rest of my life.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back