Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fox call whats hot and whats not?

fox call whats hot and whats not?

our local population of foxes r not coming in to my call (wam and u caller) and im looking for a change any ideas?
    or tips please

I use the foxpro scorpion which is very good for static areas bit expensive though and i also use the mini colibri for MMSPORTING which is also very good..as in mouth calls i also use the Wam and "original fox caller found here .. http://www.foxcalluk.co.uk/

M
    ick

I use my hand,thats as good as any call
    Polystyrene works as well

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Foxpro all the way for an electronic caller. If you want one drop me a PM.

A few people have suggested they have started running now it could be time to start with the vixen scream.local hunt lads say the are finding pairs in close proximity.

[QUOTE=roedeerred;288285]A few people have suggested they have started running now it could be time to start with the vixen scream.local hunt lads say the are finding pairs in close proximity.[/QUOTE
    hunt coming to me in the am ,going to do a patch we rent and i cant shoot it for charlie ,he half cleared a drive on sat so hopefully they may chase him away

I'm another fan of the Scorpion. Mine's been used so much it looks like it's a hundred years old. The case is cracked to buggery along the hinge line (no luck with getting a replacement from Foxpro though ). Recently, I've been experimenting with starting my calling with a series of fox squalls (short yaps) - about 6 - 10, then muting for thirty seconds or so, then giving another brief blast. This is to alert any foxes in the area to the presence of another individual. Then after another pause, I go into the 'Vixen on Heat' or 'Vixen Mating Call'. So far, it's been working well!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    I'm another fan of the Scorpion. Mine's been used so much it looks like it's a hundred years old. The case is cracked to buggery along the hinge line (no luck with getting a replacement from Foxpro though ). Recently, I've been experimenting with starting my calling with a series of fox squalls (short yaps) - about 6 - 10, then muting for thirty seconds or so, then giving another brief blast. This is to alert any foxes in the area to the presence of another individual. Then after another pause, I go into the 'Vixen on Heat' or 'Vixen Mating Call'. So far, it's been working well!
    Nic eone mate, ill drop you a PM if you want soem calls Ill email them to you. Not got the Fox squalls one wouldnt minda swap

Hi Mick,
    I hve recently purcased the Foxpro Spitfire caller and was looking to add more calls onto it. Would it be possible for you to please email me the calls that you stored on the Foxpro Scorpion caller?

Cyril

Quote Originally Posted by cyril View Post
    Hi Mick,
    I hve recently purcased the Foxpro Spitfire caller and was looking to add more calls onto it. Would it be possible for you to please email me the calls that you stored on the Foxpro Scorpion caller?

Cyril
    I can send you some mate. PM your email address. Do you ahev the cable adn SD card reader? If you want to you can format another SD card (about 4 on ebay) and haev 2 or more cards all you need to do then is just sync it with the handheld unit. Cheers Steve