Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW powder costs ????????L

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

WOW powder costs ????????L

Just poped to a mates house to collect the following from him as he got me some gear yesterday, as i was confined to the house yesterday and today.

1, Nosler Ballistic Tip Varmint Bullets 243 Caliber, 6mm (243 Diameter) 70 Grain Spitzer Boat Tail Box of 100 THIS IS MIDWAY UK'S PRICES
    Product : 630790

Price: 27.32

His local shop 30.15

2, Sierra GameKing Bullets 243 Caliber, 6mm (243 Diameter) 100 Grain Spitzer Boat Tail Box of 100THIS IS MIDWAY UK'S PRICES
    Product : 751251

Price: 26.10

His local shop 27.50

tube od hodsons benchmark
    His local shop 32.00

500 small rifle primers and 500 large rifle primers
    His local shop 37.80

came home having overspending but about 45,

is it just me ar are loading parts just getting a tad silly in costs.

bob.

ps: if you shoot for an estate then you'll have no need to comment on prices,

I'll put that in the book for you sir,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

prices have gone up, the local shop prices are always going to be different to the wholesalers, its a matter of overhead and buying power (don't forget the shipping charges with Midway)
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

The prices are going mad but still cheaper than factory when you get through a lot

I hear what you are saying my friend!!!
    As for Midway UK the prices they state online is less VAT , when you go to buy at the end of your shopping online that gets added and your postage too!!

On a personal note it grinds me too , i used to do lots more target shooting than i do at the moment because of costs / same goes for my good hunting mates too who target shoot!!
    Could possibly end up that lots of shooters shooting less / profits could go down for supppiers hence business not doing so well , yes costs are getting out of hand a bit!!!
    Not being personal here but without the shooters = not much business = hard to make a living , which would be very sad!!!
    Last edited by interceptor; 27-11-2011 at 18:36.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    all very good points made,

as well as my neck problems i can see me not doing the trips to bisley anymore and that will simply be down to running costs of both the veh used and the quantity of ammo i can get through in a day there,

i am of out tonight on a foxing trip, but i have ltd myself to strick amounts of ammo, i have 2 rifles i need to check zero so theres mor costs (but one should not drop our rifle or take the barrel of the other to show a possible buyer how it comes to bit .

i just think the everyday shoot will really find it hard to keep up, this then leads to not being able to do the shoots he has, and finally that could lead to him loosing the shoot and then steps in another shooter to take over.

very sad indeed.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Bob, out of interest where did the parts come from? I've found that reloading solutions is really well priced. Granted it's a bit of a trek for you to get there, but if you need anything (powder/primersetc., bit limited on the bullet side at the moment until TVP give me a sensible buy limit) I'll let you know when I'm over there and can pick them up.

I didn't think you could buy sec 5 bullets from Midway anyway, thought it had to be face to face?

i made the mistake of ordering something again from Midway. won't be here before Christmas no doubt!!

well ive cured my powder problem 3 friends and i have bought a 20kg keg of vhit N560 and it works out at 55 per kg saving approx 25 per kg !

once you have a powder you like and if you have the funds buy in bulk , you will save alot of money .

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    well ive cured my powder problem 3 friends and i have bought a 20kg keg of vhit N560 and it works out at 55 per kg saving approx 25 per kg !

once you have a powder you like and if you have the funds buy in bulk , you will save alot of money .
    That's the way to do it,if you can

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

add the VAT and the 25 pounds delivery charge for powder and bear in mind midway probably leave him about 8% margin in the first place! your mate got it reasonably cheap all thing considered!