WOW powder costs ????????L

bobjs

Just poped to a mates house to collect the following from him as he got me some gear yesterday, as i was confined to the house yesterday and today.

1, Nosler Ballistic Tip Varmint Bullets 243 Caliber, 6mm (243 Diameter) 70 Grain Spitzer Boat Tail Box of 100 THIS IS MIDWAY UK'S PRICES
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Product : 630790
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Price: £ 27.32[/FONT]
His local shop £30.15

2, Sierra GameKing Bullets 243 Caliber, 6mm (243 Diameter) 100 Grain Spitzer Boat Tail Box of 100THIS IS MIDWAY UK'S PRICES
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Product : 751251
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Price: £ 26.10[/FONT]
His local shop £27.50

tube od hodsons benchmark
His local shop £32.00

500 small rifle primers and 500 large rifle primers
His local shop £37.80

came home having overspending but about £45,

is it just me ar are loading parts just getting a tad silly in costs.

bob.

ps: if you shoot for an estate then you'll have no need to comment on prices,

I'll put that in the book for you sir, :)

prices have gone up, the local shop prices are always going to be different to the wholesalers, its a matter of overhead and buying power (don't forget the shipping charges with Midway)

I hear what you are saying my friend!!!
As for Midway UK the prices they state online is less VAT , when you go to buy at the end of your shopping online that gets added and your postage too!!

On a personal note it grinds me too , i used to do lots more target shooting than i do at the moment because of costs / same goes for my good hunting mates too who target shoot!!
Could possibly end up that lots of shooters shooting less / profits could go down for supppiers hence business not doing so well , yes costs are getting out of hand a bit!!!
Not being personal here but without the shooters = not much business = hard to make a living , which would be very sad!!!

Last edited:
all very good points made,

as well as my neck problems i can see me not doing the trips to bisley anymore and that will simply be down to running costs of both the veh used and the quantity of ammo i can get through in a day there,

i am of out tonight on a foxing trip, but i have ltd myself to strick amounts of ammo, i have 2 rifles i need to check zero so theres mor costs (but one should not drop our rifle or take the barrel of the other to show a possible buyer how it comes to bit :).

i just think the everyday shoot will really find it hard to keep up, this then leads to not being able to do the shoots he has, and finally that could lead to him loosing the shoot and then steps in another shooter to take over.

very sad indeed.

bob.

Bob, out of interest where did the parts come from? I've found that reloading solutions is really well priced. Granted it's a bit of a trek for you to get there, but if you need anything (powder/primersetc., bit limited on the bullet side at the moment until TVP give me a sensible buy limit) I'll let you know when I'm over there and can pick them up.

I didn't think you could buy sec 5 bullets from Midway anyway, thought it had to be face to face?

i made the mistake of ordering something again from Midway. won't be here before Christmas no doubt!!

well ive cured my powder problem 3 friends and i have bought a 20kg keg of vhit N560 and it works out at £55 per kg saving approx £25 per kg !

once you have a powder you like and if you have the funds buy in bulk , you will save alot of money .

well ive cured my powder problem 3 friends and i have bought a 20kg keg of vhit N560 and it works out at £55 per kg saving approx £25 per kg !

once you have a powder you like and if you have the funds buy in bulk , you will save alot of money .

That's the way to do it,if you can

add the VAT and the 25 pounds delivery charge for powder and bear in mind midway probably leave him about 8% margin in the first place! your mate got it reasonably cheap all thing considered!

I bought Varget in bulk and saved a few quid because I did , should give me about 10 years supply if I am carefull at yesteryears prices

i made the mistake of ordering something again from Midway. won't be here before Christmas no doubt!!

Wot you need to remember is if you order from Midway, order it via Midway uk and then chase it weekly
Pete is very good at sorting out **** out if pushed

Bob, out of interest where did the parts come from? I've found that reloading solutions is really well priced. Granted it's a bit of a trek for you to get there, but if you need anything (powder/primersetc., bit limited on the bullet side at the moment until TVP give me a sensible buy limit) I'll let you know when I'm over there and can pick them up.

I didn't think you could buy sec 5 bullets from Midway anyway, thought it had to be face to face?

thank you for that Matt, i found Aftab a tad on the ffs price list, and i have an issue with the shop so im not going back unless its the only place i can get something, and even then it will be done over the phone,

i was only using Midway as a cost ref: by the way ;)

bob.

RE: midway uk, i have heard there a tad slow, i have also heard that they seem to have things on the net, but in reality they are not on the shelf.I have never used them as such but there may come a time when i have too.

bob.

If you check most of Midways' stock is in the US, I suppose that storage and legal issues are less there, and they post from the US. They certainly did with my chamber reamer. Hence the longer delivery time.

No worries Bob. I've never had any problems with them, but I've never met Aftab, only the two ladies, and they've always been very helpful and polite. I've not done a detailed price comparison, but I bought a few bits online from the sportsmans gun centre, which arrived showing shop price tickets at a lower price than I'd paid online, before the addition of postage so wasn't very impressed with that. I found that reloading solutions were cheaper for all the bits I bought, but I've not compared powder/bullet prices.

Back