Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sound mod wanted

sound mod wanted

Hi after a sound mod for my .243 looking on the forum few names keep comin up t8, ase, tactical third eye. Does any one have any other recommendations or know of any for sale. Cheers neal

mods

Quote Originally Posted by neal billi View Post
    Hi after a sound mod for my .243 looking on the forum few names keep comin up t8, ase, tactical third eye. Does any one have any other recommendations or know of any for sale. Cheers neal
    If you can get a PES t12 mate I would go for that I have one on the .243 superb mate

A-tec CMM4 ot A-tec Maxim

Ive just taken delivery of a DM80 for my .204. Im that impressed with it fore the money that Ill be puttinga writeup on here shortly. If you want one let me know and Ill send you Dave M's contact info. Having it made specifically for your rifle and calibre is excellent and makes a huge difference to the sound reduction.

All of the mod's you have mentioned do a very good job. I am a supporter of short barrels and muzzle mounted can's for deer rifles.

I own 2x Jet-z's and a PES muzzle can. I can't honestly tell the difference in sound supprsion between the 2. However the PES is stainless steel and 130 cheaper. Wish I had bought the PES sooner.

You do the math......

I am yet to use a muzzle mounted third eye but have had some great reports. Might be a lighter alternative.
    Last edited by scotch_egg; 27-11-2011 at 21:55.

Atec CCM 4 is nice and light 220 grams I think

Dave

hi just go for t8 .good mod

T8 very good at noise reduction but be prepared to replace it after 5 years due to it rotting. They are heavy though.

Dave

Hi steve thanx for the reply read your article sounds what im after will you send me his details. Cheers neal

I have the Atec Maxim on my 243 , great bit of kit, 150 rounds through it looks brilliant stil.