Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: plastic silencer

  1. #1

    plastic silencer

    Hi all just wandering has any one heard of them jackson rifles supposed to do them....Neil ??

  2. #2
    Yes they go on the chocolate rifles from Cadburys

  3. #3
    SD Regular Mr. Gain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    SW Birmingham (Rubery Rednal)
    Posts
    1,741
    I don't know if Jackson's do one, but UK Custom Shop (Wildcat) do a plastic .22 LR moderator called the Cub, and Soundbiter also make a polymer rimfire/air-rifle suppressor. If it's a centre-fire moderator you want, Anglo Custom Rifle are developing an ultra-light design made from a clever polymer called PEEK that could be a game-changer if it lives up to the hype.

    Are there any more out there?

  4. #4
    As above, both are not the most effective thing about, but are light and compact.
    The soundbiter will not last more than a few shots with either the HMR or WMR, but the Cub is fine, mine is 3 or 4 years old and has survived very well.
    Including being abused on my .22 Hornet, no sign of melted plastic or erosion.
    My Cub is still my moderator of choice for the subsonic .22lr

    Neil.

  5. #5
    Isn't that just a plastic drinks bottle and gaffer tape?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by chriseoe View Post
    Yes they go on the chocolate rifles from Cadburys
    Yes I think they have a recall on these, something to do wth melt'n issues when warm!!

    Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"





  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    Isn't that just a plastic drinks bottle and gaffer tape?
    which apparently works equally well to a ss mod!

  8. #8
    A company called TLD produces / is about to produce a mod which is made, in part, from carbon fibre. I don't know if this counts as plastic.

    I'm not sure whether the TLD mods are available yet but they have a website with details of the product and a list of suppliers.

    http://www.tld.uk.net/

    I have seen some early versions and a pre - production model. Not tried one yet, but plan to as soon as I can get one. I will post a little review then if one hasn't been done already.

    Cheers,

    Bob

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovebob View Post
    A company called TLD produces / is about to produce a mod which is made, in part, from carbon fibre. I don't know if this counts as plastic.

    I'm not sure whether the TLD mods are available yet but they have a website with details of the product and a list of suppliers.

    http://www.tld.uk.net/

    I have seen some early versions and a pre - production model. Not tried one yet, but plan to as soon as I can get one. I will post a little review then if one hasn't been done already.

    Cheers,

    Bob
    Looks very much like a wildcat the weight and size are not much better either.
    As for the carbon Mod from Anglo Custom Rifle it is undergoing extensive testing as we speak and I will post feedback as soon as the results are in, what I can say is the weight will be 1/3 - 1/2 of the weight of the TLD ones.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pierred View Post
    Looks very much like a wildcat the weight and size are not much better either.
    As for the carbon Mod from Anglo Custom Rifle it is undergoing extensive testing as we speak and I will post feedback as soon as the results are in, what I can say is the weight will be 1/3 - 1/2 of the weight of the TLD ones.
    if the prototype is anything to go by, you will have to worry about it blowing away in the breeze when not screwed onto the barrel
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Weihrauch Silencer ( AIR RIFLE )
    By miffy in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2015, 23:46
  2. silencer
    By bongo in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-01-2011, 01:43
  3. For Sale sak silencer
    By MrYou in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 09:48
  4. ATV silencer
    By tia in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-07-2010, 18:41
  5. ATV silencer
    By tia in forum Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-07-2010, 16:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •