Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Tis The Season to be Jolly...................Indeed

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

'Tis The Season to be Jolly...................Indeed

Well I got the phone call tonight I have been wanting to get for what seems like ages......

I have been "Helping" on a bit of ground, trying to assess tree damage, deer numbers etc. for the last couple of months in the hope I got the Stalking on it.

I GOT IT 1000 acres of ex-forrestry plantation, some good rides with some open heather clad ground.

I have it up until April when I deploy then I just need to discuss if I still want to keep it even though I will be away for 6 months, I'm made up to be honest. Will be my first true "Unaccompanied" stalking ground.

I will be priming, weighing, and seating some 150gr .308's in about 5 mins time in the hope that I come accross some of those Red, Sika or Roe that I have seen on my last walks over the ground. I will be on the ground about 7am tomorrow, scared sh**less as it will be pitch black, but hopefully in the area I am going to sit out in will prove to be the spot, then I'll go for a stalk through half the ground, hoping again to bump into a beast or 2.

If I remember, I'll take the camera and get some pics loaded tomorrow, even better if I have a Doe/Hind or 2 in the bag.

TJ

HAHA, well done Stu, I am bloody made up for you, that`s bloody great news.
    What better present could Santa have brought you, eh mate?

Let us all know how you get on.

wadas

Davie
    Well done TJ good result mate and wish you well on the ground what deer will you bump into on this ground

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    TJ

Fantastic result - right in time for Christmas! Look forward to hearing how tomorrow goes. Be sure to take plenty of photos - it's always interesting to see other stalking ground....well, I find it interesting anyway

Reminds me of the time I went to the Tour de France prolog in London and took photos at Hyde Park Corner. When I got back my wife looked at three and then asked "is every photo here of some cyclist going past the same corner"? When I said yes, she walked off!

willie_gunn

Re: 'Tis The Season to be Jolly...................Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock
    ..snip
    I will be on the ground about 7am tomorrow, scared sh**less as it will be pitch black, but hopefully in the area I am going to sit out in will prove to be the spot, then I'll go for a stalk through half the ground, hoping again to bump into a beast or 2.
    ..snip
    TJ
    Good for you TJ I know you've been working hard at it. 5 am start and I sat in the snow from 7.15 this morning watching the same family of Roe wandering around. It was great, you'll love it. Big moon right now, even through the clouds.

S.

Congrats
    great write up, the excitement does not go away no matter how many perms you have. pleased for you and good luck.
    will think of you as i get the rifle out and set off myself in the morning.
    cervushunter

Well done stuart, all the hard work paid off at last mate best of luck for tomorrow.

excellent news TJ
    can't wait to see a few pics of this new adventure you are about to embark on
    good luck for the morning

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Cheers everyone, alot of the ground work has been done by this site and it's members, I have had nothing but help from this site and the members on it, so a BIG THANK YOU to all the site members who have answered all my queeries, invited me out and given me the education I now have.

Cheers

TJ

Well done Stu,

I would not be surprised if you found reindeer on there, given the season and your Xmas present.

John