Crew cabs

www.yorkshireroestalking.

Distinguished Member
Its been 3 years soon since I got my hilux crew cab.
Its bomb proof.
Think the accountant will tell me to change it in feb at my year end.
trouble is I have had a look for another hilux but newer (under 4 years). I cannot find anything that takes my fancy or ticks the boxes.
There are loads of L200's, rangers and others.
What can you tell me to avoid or look out for if I look else where from toyota.
Thanks in advance, John.

I had a Ranger in my last job, I was very happy with it. It was the supercab version which probably wouldn't be ideal for you but I can't imagine the full double cab would not be equally as good. Got to be worth a test drive. Glyn

Toyota is hard to beat but if you can move away from a crew cab to a double cab there are some to look at. Nissan - work bought one and I wouldn't have it as a work vehicle, but we did test drive all the locals, except LR. Isuzu - base model is hi spec, good mpg (any towing to do? Izusu pulls more than most at 3 ton), good reliability, any vat reg. garage will keep it in warranty, works well off road (tyres allowing) but not a landrover! as only has Ltd slip diffs and no locking diffs. 1 ton capacity in the back and drives well with 300 KG+ in the back.Good service interval. Base pad of back seat may lift up (more space for kit without killing the seats) depending on year / model tested. Down side is the parts really cost if it goes pop when out of cover and sounds rough on cold mornings till it warms up. Got the back of mine spraylined to help it put up with the saws, fuel, logs etc that go in it. Also helps with washing out after a good morning.
Why you not getting another Toybota? They seem to have gone a bit plastic lately and I've never got on with how light the back end is when empty.:)

Last edited:
Sorry dave I meant double cab.
I'd love toyota but finding one within 100miles of home with under 50,000 and under 4 years has been impossible.
if one comes along I will have it, but wanted to look at alternitives if nothing shows.
ps no towing.
pick up will be full of dead deer, water barrels or bags of wheat or/and dog box.

Have a look at a rodeo 2.5 td then, the rest get well bling - 17" wheels etc. All depends how you get in with them, but I like mine.

Don't get a new shape Navara with more than 50k on the clock, they've had bad press with engine failures after this mileage. Mine was fine upto 40k before it went back, but wouldn't trust one with over 50k. Toyota's are hard to beat.

Tom

P.s - we travel all the way to Heathrow to fly around Europe, but you won't look further than 100 miles? I bet weeman would love a day out and a picnic somewhere!

Last edited:
I know it's not a hilux, but I have a Toyota Landcruiser Colorado. It is a 1998 190k miles and it still feels the same as when I bought it 8 years ago with 50k. Still only needs service and mot each year. Still the original exhaust, batteries etc. If you're hilux is bombproof why change to anything else ??

Local keeper is on his 5th set of springs for his hilux. Newer L200's are spot on with plenty oomf and good on the fuel too (37mpg). Low yearly tax as its classed as a semi-commercial, takes a pallet with 1tonne on no problem. Only thing I find with the L200 is the side mirrors are a bit awkward for shooting from the window! Mereside will hopefully be solving that problem soon :)

I'd go toyota every time, wouldn't think of changing for something else, wait john and one will turn up near you. All the best Tom

I bought a new Isuzu Rhodeo LE crew cab just over 4 years ago. Best investment I ever made. 66,000 miles and apart from replacing the shackle pins and the ariel which I broke twice :oops: it has never let me down.

Mind you, you do not see many second hand ones up for sale, people keep them.

Isuzu will do you well if you can find one.the only thing I ever drove from home to Appin without a break and jumped out at the end of the trip without feeling kn***rd when I worked up there think its 365miles from door to door and was good off road.Just what you need john for those long trips to new stalking grounds;)

John.

When you are down with Wayne next time, get him to take you over to Alexander and Duncan (he might get a cold shiver it's a John Deere dealership)
They are also an isuzu dealership, plenty of Rodeo's to test. Bloody good value for money mate.

Jonathon

John.

When you are down with Wayne next time, get him to take you over to Alexander and Duncan (he might get a cold shiver it's a John Deere dealership)
They are also an isuzu dealership, plenty of Rodeo's to test. Bloody good value for money mate.

Jonathon

Jonathon wash your mouth out :eek: I would have to go in disguise.

John I'll drive you around in a luxury L200 the weekend :D

John,

3 Rodeos coming up for auction. My DSC2 aw has one of these and they are very good.

3 vehicles found
[h=2]Search results[/h]

Page 1

GetDoc.aspx
YT08MXU ISUZU RODEO 2.5 TD 4X4 DENVER MAX LE, 4 Doors, CrewCab Pick-up, Diesel, Manual Transmission, Black, Commercial VAT 93642
Warranted
30/04/2008 Glasgow 01/12/2011
GetDoc.aspx
YX60WSD ISUZU RODEO 3.0 TD 4X4 DENVER MAX LE, 4 Doors, CrewCab Pick-up, Diesel, Manual Transmission, Silver, Commercial VAT, Log Book 10499
Warranted
09/12/2010 Belle Vue (Coms) 30/11/2011
GetDoc.aspx
CE07FZH ISUZU RODEO 3.0 TD 4X4 DENVER MAX, 4 Doors, CrewCab Pick-up, Diesel, Automatic, Silver, Margin, Log Book 32473
Warranted
02/03/2007 Belle Vue (Coms) 30/11/2011

Photos Reg. Description Mileage Reg. date Location Sale date

Jonathon wash your mouth out :eek: I would have to go in disguise.

John I'll drive you around in a luxury L200 the weekend :D

Wayne,

Dont tell me you have one of those L200's with the curved look to them :rolleyes: I thought it was only hairdressers and horsey ladies that drove them :lol::lol:

Hope you are well mate, havnt spoken for a while.

Regards

Sikamalc

No mate mines newer shape straight backed one:gheyfight:

Better attract (female) hairdressers and horsey ladies than the ladies of the night your pimp mobile attracts :D I think :oops:

I'm good mate thanks for asking, I'm in Dorch Feb time if your about???

Wayne

John

I too was looking for a second hand hilux but there was nothing about.

I got a new Hilux for the same money as a 2 year old one so took the plunge

There is a firm in Queensferry (north wales) which gives big discounts on a Hilux if you are a BASC member. Could almost be worth joining for the discount.

David.

Back