roe sack

The new HARKILA one looks the bollock i will be getting it when this one i have fails wich wont be long .
Glasgow Fieldsports will do them for 55 pounds.

speak to poppins she is on the site and make them and I have had the same one for twenty years

mudman won a roe sack on the march and shoot auction get his in opinion
i do all kind of things and repairs pm me for info
regards poppins

I have a Harkila one.
Its nice and big and well made had a fallow pricket it it with ease.
If it has a fault then it would be taking out the liner but thats not to bad just re-thread the draw string.

Wrights of Huntley make the best deer sack on the market.

They do ones for Roe or Sika.

I've had mine for 11 years and its still going strong.

Made by British saddlers for professionals and made to last.

www.wrightsofhuntley.co.uk

i hav to agree
speak to mudman first 8)
then speak to poppins ;)
as she is as good as her word and her roe sacks
ATB
stone

I have just purchased the harkila roe sack and it has been very well thought out. It has three pockets external of good size and will fold in a concertina type fold to a very small Roe Sack when opened it is easy large enough for two roe deer or a small fallow /sika.
There is an internal pocket built into the water proof lining were damp cloths etc /or wet one sponges can be carried with no fear of getting the carrier wet and no risk of contamination from the carcase as it is sealed with a zip. The straps are fully adjustable and there is also one that will go a cross you middle that will give the lower part of the sack support .It also has a very nice padded panel right in the back area and this should make it very comfortable to carry even with a lumpy load in it.
The draw sting is thick and easy to use but like splash says incorporates the liner this should make it very easy to load with out ripping the previous type studs off. But will take slightly longer to take apart for cleaning when you get home.
I might in fact not fasten the liner in and just use it as a loose liner i will decide after trying both methods.
There seems to be alot of extra stapcords for ajustment so when it is trust up to fit me i will take a sharp knife to any excess ones that might blow about in the wind. ;)
I paid 49.99p for it and lets say it really looks the part . I will be putting it to the test in the new year. ps old roe sack for sale no liner but hey it carrys deer still.

I've just purchased the Harkila Roe Sack from the e-bay shop of Montrose Guns & Tackle, its up for £59.99 but you can make an offer of £52.00 & win it with postage of £7.50.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380067092949

cheers.gif

Chris

I won ia roe sack n the March and Shoot auction donated by Poppins. It is a real quality piece of kit with substantial leather work and fittings. I reckon the larger sika sized sack would be just the thing for those who stalk the larger species. No worries about a strap parting under load!

I won ia roe sack n the March and Shoot auction donated by Poppins. It is a real quality piece of kit with substantial leather work and fittings. I also reckon the larger sika sized sack would be just the thing for those who stalk the larger species. No worries about a strap parting under load!

The Harkila sack has the same generous dimensions when opened - I know it will take 120lb of Sika with no damage or pulled stitching.

Roesaccomparison.jpg

Folded down, it is small enough to not snag when stalking in tight cover.

IMAGE_013.jpg

Bought one for my partner - liked it enough that I went out and bought another for myself!

Rgds Ian :)

roe sacks

347h341.jpg

Roe Sack

1e3s01.jpg

Diamond Roe sack

20b1gmc.jpg

Sika Sack

as made by poppins.pm me for more info.
all have a plastic, canvas lining which come out for easy washing so the outer sack stays dry and clean on the inside .

Picture144.jpg

Handmade roe sack

Picture145.jpg

Ive made quite a few of these roe, sika sacks to varying degrees very easy to put together and do the job well

Back