Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Wilson reloading stuff

Help! Wilson reloading stuff

After some thought I am leaning towards wilson reloading dies for a straight 284. However I havnt used these before so I have a few questions

1 If I buy the wilson neck sizer and seating die will I still need a full length die of some sort.

2 would I be able to use the same wilson neck sizer and seater to load for a 6.5-284

3 what arbour press should I buy

4 Where would be the most likey place to get a good deal

answers and any other information much appreciated

1. Yes, I would
    2. Not sure, you probably can as long as you have the right bushing
    3. I have a Sinclair one which I'm pleased with, but I've seen a Harrell combo press which is portable and does hand dies as well as 7/8"x14: looks good and Fox firearms have them for reasonable money
    4. Sinclair International, even with postage & tax

Quote Originally Posted by rem284 View Post
    After some thought I am leaning towards wilson reloading dies for a straight 284. However I havnt used these before so I have a few questions

1 If I buy the wilson neck sizer and seating die will I still need a full length die of some sort. [ you will still need a normal press and full length die to do your brass. because Wilson don't make a full length die.

2 would I be able to use the same wilson neck sizer and seater to load for a 6.5-284 [ no there different so you would need to get a set of each.

3 what arbour press should I buy ​[ Sinclair's do one here http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/pi...ir-Arbor-Press also look on the k&m site.

4 Where would be the most likey place to get a good deal ​[ reloading solutions, midway uk, Trent firearms, also look at the above link see how much it would work out to ship it from the usa.

there you go mate. great stuff the Wilson items are. if I where to buy reloading kit again. I would go Wilson for the stuff as i have seen my mates Wilson stuff for his 6 br and it is superb. will it load stuff anymore accurate then redding,rcbs etc... I don't know ?

i guess it depends on what you want to spend.

I am going down the 17 Rem path and am going to use the Wilson dies and arbor press and Redding body die solution. For low round counts(under 50) it's almost therapeutic using the hand dies and it saves me the trouble of C clamping the Co Ax to the kitchen table. I can also recommend Sinclair International.

thanks Border. My normal press dosnt need clamping to bench/table. The only thing making me hesitate about the wilson dies is I'll need to buy an arbour press. I looked at Sinclair Int. they seem to have a lot of gear, my shopping list has got bigger.

That is the trouble with Sinclair, they have stuff you never knew you needed. I've been sent a discount code valid until 5th, not sure if it's only for their Christmas catalogue, but worth a try: DLJ (save $20 if you spend more than $200)

Quote Originally Posted by rem284 View Post

1 If I buy the wilson neck sizer and seating die will I still need a full length die of some sort.

2 would I be able to use the same wilson neck sizer and seater to load for a 6.5-284

3 what arbour press should I buy

4 Where would be the most likey place to get a good deal

Rem,
    Sinclair do a complete kit with dies, press, bushing and and appropriate bases, which works out at roughly the price of a set of Redding Comp dies bought here and thats including duty tax and shipping.

Ian.

Whitebeard,
    yeh I noticed the kits, although I could figure out tax and shipping

thanks

Rem, in my reckoning a kit with micrometre top would be about 230 delivered all duties and taxes paid.

Ian.