A license for everything

Monument veiw

I looked on the natural england website today to try and get some information on using a rifle to shoot canada geese ,not only did i find the information i was looking for but also realised that i needed a license not only to shoot geese but also to shot any other birds classed as vermin .
I wonder how many other people had not realised such a license existed yet alone hold 1 .

:D

Is this refering to the "General Licence"?

If so "By definition you do not need to apply for general licences but you are required by law to abide by their terms and conditions." (Taken from the BASC website - General licences)

The licences you mean are called a general licence and you dont actually apply for or need to possess one.
I think you only have to justify the use of a gun to control the birds that are causing you grief.
I may be wrong but that is how I understood it.
Sinbad

+ one colly

I stand corrected , as i understood it a general license is exactly what it suggests and can be downloaded from the Natural England website free of charge

My firearms ticket has " shall be used for shooting birds in accordance with the purpose, terms and conditions of the general licence" in the additional conditions section, anyone else got this and if not, should they be shooting birds at all?

Tikkat3

My firearms ticket has " shall be used for shooting birds in accordance with the purpose, terms and conditions of the general licence" in the additional conditions section, anyone else got this and if not, should they be shooting birds at all?

Tikkat3

you just have to ask for 'All other lawful quarry' to be added. that will cover everything.

The other thing with canada geese is because they are classed on the general licence as an invasive species you do not need to try all non lethal means of control before shooting.

Ian.

Back