Thread: bit of antler

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

bit of antler

Hi Guys

looking for a nice antler with a V thats good for holding a barrel in when stalking.takeing standing/kneeling shots etc

the dia of the top of the stick is about 1.5"

being a old fart with neck/back problems i have decided to make a walking/stalking stick, so i have the stick,rubber foot(non slip) a nice black plastic spacer, a nice white one and a nice brass one, but the only antler i have is on my trophy that cookingfat on this forum mounted for me.

so can you help.

thank you

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 30-11-2011 at 16:05.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Didn,t you mean Cooking Fat? LOL,I,ll have a look in my antler stash M8,might turn one up....pm me your mobile no.Cheers,Tony

Quote Originally Posted by ytene View Post
    Didn,t you mean Cooking Fat?
    sorry, that almost killed me!

anyhow, should be easy enough to find...

if anyone knows how to get green algae staining out of cast antlers please let me know by PM (thought I'd mention it whilst I was here).

I'm building my own stick at the moment, well, it' will be a pressie for the brother in law, I use just a plain hazel stick (extra long!). First one for me too, got some supplies from highland horn and stickman/stickmaker (whichever),,but sourced the stick and stag horn myself.

If no one offers, £6 should do the trick from one of the above mentioned.

please share your project on the forum once you get going

cheers,

P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ytene View Post
    Didn,t you mean Cooking Fat? LOL,I,ll have a look in my antler stash M8,might turn one up....pm me your mobile no.Cheers,Tony

glad Tony's not on here buy was i in for a hiding.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    sorry, that almost killed me!

anyhow, should be easy enough to find...

if anyone knows how to get green algae staining out of cast antlers please let me know by PM (thought I'd mention it whilst I was here).

I'm building my own stick at the moment, well, it' will be a pressie for the brother in law, I use just a plain hazel stick (extra long!). First one for me too, got some supplies from highland horn and stickman/stickmaker (whichever),,but sourced the stick and stag horn myself.

If no one offers, £6 should do the trick from one of the above mentioned.

please share your project on the forum once you get going

cheers,

P
    Hi big fella,

im like you it took me a while to find the right stick, buy that time my brother who makess medievil outfits for a living asked me for some antler so i said im away at the moment call my wife and tell here to send you the box of off cuts in the garage.

needless to say when i got back a week later the whole ****in lot had been sent. so now its on the tips of long bows the handels of fake swords etc etc.

i also have 2 other projects in hand and will post them in dur course. 1 i am saving to help me through the recovery time after my op, the other needs a git more working out yet, but i'm sure i'll get there.

bob.