Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night vision unit...Which would you buy

Night vision unit...Which would you buy

Magnum and I are thinking about buying an NV unit (add on rather than dedicated NV unit) just for the few lamp shy foxes we cant get near to. What would you get and why? What have you tried and liked. Ive read a few threads but would appreciate your honest opinions. Thinking Envis or Archer at the moment but open to suggestions. Ideally want to be able to properly identify a fox at 200 yards. Cheers STEVE

if it were my money Id be after the best I could get, which at the mo appears to be the PVS 14.Considering the one in the classifieds atm is alot cheaper than I have seen any go for recently id be all over it like a tramp on chips.

I use a Swarovski hand held monocular NS-B 4-80 and you can sex a rabbit at 200 yards with ease. A chicken eater will regret i ever bought it tonight.

Last edited by RED-DOT; 01-12-2011 at 17:38.

No better hand held than PVS14 i use one plus a mini MUM 14 bot superb and theres 2 PVS14s for sale at 2000..get before they go...ive alos got archer which is no where near as good.

Mick

take mickys advice with nv if its been for sale he has had it

Of the couple of NV units I have seen, Archer is definitely the best. Foxes out beyond 200m no trouble even without the IR illuminator.

I would stay away from stuff like the Pulsar digiscope. Very limited capabilities.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Ste save your money mate and wait till im home on 11th jan then you can see before you buy...here are a few of my NV scopes and IRs that i use..also have x3 other scopes which are on rifles.

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by mickyfinn View Post
    Ste save your money mate and wait till im home on 11th jan then you can see before you buy...here are a few of my NV scopes and IRs that i use..also have x3 other scopes which are on rifles.

Mick
    LOL..WOW. If war breaks out over here looks like we are sorted mate . Good plan, prob be Jan before Im ready to buy but would be good to try a couple out.

I have had the Archer and now have the NVM14 from nightvisiongear.co.uk its the same as the PVS14 but not as rounded and smooth etc. Works exactly the same and has the same tube and lenses just cheaper housing.

They are much better than the Archer as they are smaller and lighter, a better mounting system and generally easier to use and the customer service is probably the best i have ever received.....(starlight sent me the archer by accident, and I struggled to get hold of them to send it back, made me wonder what it would be like if it went wrong and they already had my money)

Thanks for the input chaps. A lot to think about and a few quid to save...But will be taking your advice and making a decision on a unit early next year. Cheers Steve