Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A o l q

A o l q

Following a discussion with Avon and Somerset firearms dept i would like to know if any F A C holders have been granted a certificate with any other lawful quarry on it . I was told today that it is not been granted on there certs
    Last edited by Monument veiw; 01-12-2011 at 16:23.

Have you checked out/searched the 'Legal Issues' section of the forum? Plenty of threads on there dealing with the subject and, IIRC, some responses from A&S residents.

BTW, it's Any Other Lawful Quarry - there is a difference.

A&S have a reputation for being a bit sticky, unlike some of the surrounding forces who realise that AOLQ makes a lot of sense; D&C, Thames Valley are two.
    Last edited by Orion; 01-12-2011 at 16:21.

Once again i stand corrected

Hi, you got me thinking with this question so I checked my cert (its brand spanking new) and it says that my rifle and ammo are for shooting vermin and any other lawful quarry. I hadn't actually noticed that until now. By any other lawful quarry I assume that they mean ground game suitable for the caliber of rifle I own, ie a .22lr. Why would a force bother to restrict someone to only shooting 'vermin' ? Any thoughts on this ?

Regards, Olaf

If that is the exact wording on your cert, then it also covers foxes under the AOLQ as there is no legally specified minimum calibre for fox.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Si,

All the forces I know of who condition AOLQ always state the largest (pimary) quarry species first such as deer and AOLQ or fox and AOLQ.
    Therefore I would suggest that vermin and AOLQ does not cover fox.

Mine certainly does.

The reason i asked is to find out if anyone in avon and somerset has had a cert issued with AOLQ i did question if i could shoot hares with my .177 hmr as the open cert states for vermin control and i would consider hares as ground game .

Hi, so what is considered to be any other lawful quarry then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
    Hi, so what is considered to be any other lawful quarry then ?
    sorry, I forgot to say, for a .22lr ?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
    Si,

All the forces I know of who condition AOLQ always state the largest (pimary) quarry species first such as deer and AOLQ or fox and AOLQ.
    Therefore I would suggest that vermin and AOLQ does not cover fox.

Mine certainly does.
    I have no doubt that's how they intend it to be interpretted but unless AOLQ stands for 'any other lesser quarry" they seem to have dropped a clanger on this occasion.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox