Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarkson & strikers

Clarkson & strikers

I am sorry but I just had to laugh when I heard his comments. The only person I took exception to was the sanctimonous union official who wanted to take legal action. My wife is a teacher & went on strike with no pay. The private school where our son is educated was closed and would not give us a rebate. I am a GP and several NHS workers have come in wanting private sick notes (they were not sick) so that they could get paid whilst they were on strike. If you work for the NHS you get 6 months full pay & then 6 month 1/2 pay whilst on the sick.
    I wonder how many self employed people reading this will get those same conditions ?

I wonder how many self employed people declare all they earn ?

The last bricklayer i asked for a price wanted 50 an hour how many NHS staff get that ?

Mr Clarkson get paid a million pounds by the BBC i guess he wont need to worry about his pension ?

I'm public sector and I went to work. It makes me laugh that Clarkson's comments have caused hysteria but an endless tide of leftie comedians can pour scorn on rural folk from their comfortable BBC/C4 soapboxes without anyone raising an eyebrow.

Pointless hysteria......lads till coming home in coffins from Afganistan makes the reporting of this news completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post

The last bricklayer i asked for a price wanted 50 an hour how many NHS staff get that ?

Mr Clarkson get paid a million pounds by the BBC i guess he wont need to worry about his pension ?
    I dont know where you live but a brickie is about 15- 20 per hour round here. And as for the self employed well you want to try it.
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Bin there done that ! id love 15 - 20 an hour

Bin there done that ! id love 15 - 20 an hour
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Quote Originally Posted by rodkayak View Post
    I am sorry but I just had to laugh when I heard his comments. The only person I took exception to was the sanctimonous union official who wanted to take legal action. My wife is a teacher & went on strike with no pay. The private school where our son is educated was closed and would not give us a rebate. I am a GP and several NHS workers have come in wanting private sick notes (they were not sick) so that they could get paid whilst they were on strike. If you work for the NHS you get 6 months full pay & then 6 month 1/2 pay whilst on the sick.
    I wonder how many self employed people reading this will get those same conditions ?
    Good on you for taking it as it was meant , it was a joke from Clarkson pure and simple it won't stop the do gooders wanting to have his shotguns taken way from him for saying the people striking should be shot.
    What's the world coming to? We've got people who can't get a job, old people who can't afford to heat their home and brave lads and lasses fighting over seas. I just think there is more to be bothered about

Absolutely every penny is the short answer. Then you get investigated by HMRC regardless (I bet this doesn't happen to cosseted public sector workers) who on finding nothing irregular wth my books then invented a groundless allegation of undeclared cash earnings. Under HMRC rules the onus is on the taxpayer to prove HMRC wrong and not vice versa - I challenge 375 mag to prove that he hasn't just received 1000 in cash from me! Fortunately I was able to disprove the HMRC allegation but it was an extremely worrying 9 months once I realised that I was in severe danger of losing my savings, business and house.
    Incidentally GP's are on over 100,000 a year - how many self employed earn that!

I spent 12 years in the civil service, and I'm now a partner in a small firm....I know from speaking to my former colleagues who gets the better deal on pay/holiday/pension/flexi-time.....should never have left!

Clarkson is a class act as a wind-up merchant - looks like he had all those bleeding heart left-leaning 'social commentators' good and proper....
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 01-12-2011 at 21:07.