Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Police missed a dog at 5 yards!!!!!!

Police missed a dog at 5 yards!!!!!!

Hot off the press this one chaps...My sister in law called this morning to tell us she had been woken by 10 police officers surrounding the house 2 doors down from her house. Its actually quite a nice street so it was a bit of a shock. One officer was leaning over the bonnet of her car with his rifle. They called for the occupant to come out but they didn’t...Then they let the dog out and one of the officers fired his carbine(or shotgun not sure) at it twice as it ran towards him...He missed with both shots and the dog turned tail and ran behind the house..Maybe he was a dog lover and just wanted to scare it off but his mates are going to give him some stick for that I recon. Apaprebntly the bust was linked to some armed robberies that have taken place around Cheshire so they had been told to shoot to kill if required...Not shoot to scare
    Last edited by 204 Ruger; 02-12-2011 at 09:04.

A mate of mine works for the Manc Met and his job is to tackle the dogs during raids...he normally has some pretty nice dog chews on him, but certainly not a rifle! Sounds a little odd, perhaps they were shooting passed the dog towards something/one else?

To be fair, shooting anything that close with a rifle is difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by rudy65 View Post
    Because they bite
    So you just shoot the poor thing no matter what even though its done nothing wrong.

They carry a shotty too I believe, maybe he was using that but either way he missed. Id be very surprised if he used his rifle at that range. I believe that they normally carry a shotgun for use with taking the door hinges off if needed.
    Last edited by 204 Ruger; 02-12-2011 at 09:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    A mate of mine works for the Manc Met and his job is to tackle the dogs during raids...he normally has some pretty nice dog chews on him, but certainly not a rifle! Sounds a little odd, perhaps they were shooting passed the dog towards something/one else?

To be fair, shooting anything that close with a rifle is difficult...
    No it was defo at the dog, the police confirmed it.

I'm trying to knock your sister-in-laws story but really?

Why shoot the dog it is not to blame for the owners actions.not for us to judge if the person behind the gun/rifle whatever was in fear of attack he is only human.

Quote Originally Posted by stevienicknacks View Post
    No it was defo at the dog, the police confirmed it.
    Perhaps the dog was the ringleader It's amazing what some dogs can be trained to do these days
    I've seen them on Telly, that programme called 'Britains Got Talent'