NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
All new members are requested to make an introduction when joining. Although we do not require your real name, we do require an introduction about yourself, the county you live in, and what calibre you shoot and experience.

A one line intro will not suffice as an introduction. We welcome all new members, and look forward to your posts and if we can help in anyway, please feel free to ask.

Welcome

Admin team

HELLO FROM N.IRELAND.

HELLO,I,VE BEEN BROWSING THROUGH THIS SITE FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW,ONLY GOT ROUND TO REGISTERING TODAY. SO ABOUT MYSELF ,I,VE BEEN SHOOTING FOR 20YEARS MOSTLY SHOTGUN FOR PHEASANT,WOODCOCKAND DUCK,STARTED USING 22LR BOUT 6YEARS AGO .GOT THE CHANCE TO GO AFTER REDDEER JANUARY 08 COMPLETED DSC LEVEL 1 AND FINALLY GOT MY OWN RIFLE SAKO 243 WITH ZEISS 7X50 ON TOP. REALY ENJOY STALKING,WONDERFUL BEING OUT IN THE WILDS,EVEN IF YOU DON,T GET A SHOT.SO THATS ABOUT ALL FOR NOW, BYE.

new bee

Hi there you Guys.
Anglo Saxon African , now living in the UK.
used to hunt as a kid in the easten Cape . Kudu , bushbuck, spring buck ex. used to have a sako 30 06 mouser 308 and a lee en .303 but my faverit was a .45 number 2 musket MARTINIE - HENRY SPORTERISED. black powder cartige single shot rifle, with buterfly sites.

any how I now have a .50 lyman ML and .50 side by side rifle ML

was out in South Africa last year to hunt Mountin riedbuck. no luck though, but my buddie got one and a kudu (£50.00 for the yong bull!)
with Muzzel Loading like bow hunting, luck skill and time! you have to have.

hi to all

Hi. Only got into this to-night.Stalkin mad i use .25-06 with moderator and .300 win mag with sound moderator. 33yrs Deer stalkin live in Camb's Ely area. re-load me own ammo. Stalked from Devon to Bonor Bridge (scotland) in the last year Germany. In to swap shooting have very good goose shooting. now got the bug for Wild Boar.
Any one up for a swap get in touch
Cheer's :confused:

Hello, just clocking in! I'm from the north of england, have a .308 and DSC 1 and 2. Look forward too chating!!!!

hello from south somerset

hello to everyone ive been shooting air riffles for about 10 years.upgraded to .22 rimfire about 18 months ago and started shooting rabbits for a few different farmers saw that there was quite a few deer about and looked on internet and me and a couple mates went and done our dsc1 and then applied for a .243 i got my fac back today so tomorow im off to get kitted out and start stalking all of those deer that i couldnt ever get before.

Hi Everyone

Hi All, my names Gary aka Bonehead. I am new to shooting having only started out last year. I love deer stalking and have my DSC1 and use a second hand Sabbatti .243 with Pecar 6x42 scope its a very accurate rifle bought off a friend as I have a small budget like a lot of people. Anyway I have only shot 1 Red stag in Scotland upto now, I am a syndicate member and go quite regular but just not had a lot of luck. Thats about it for now I will keep posting and hopefully get more shots. Good luck everyone
Bonehead

Hi everyone

I have been shooting shot guns for about 25 years on game shoots and other stuff and have done a lot of pest control with friend with rifes in the past but I went deer stalking with a friend about 18 months ago and got hooked on it so I now have got a 243 rife and 308 rife on fac and are just about to take my dsc level 1 soon so I joined the site to meet new people and also try to gain more experence on stalking and hopfully try to find some deer stalking in the shropshire area to.
so if anybody can help me gain more experence in this please get in touch

many thanks

Edwardt - New Member

Hi All,
Just a quick introduction to me: I'm 26 YOA, I'm based in the SE of England and interested in all types of Stalking and expanding my experience, I spent most of my younger days on a farm in Devon and so most of my shooting experience has been Foxes and Roe Deer in Devon, and Red Stags in Scotland. Rifles; mostly i use a 243 Sauer 202 with Schmidt and Bender optics which lives on the farm, but I have recently ordered my own 25-06 Mauser again S&B optics and a sound Mod.

HI guys and girls just found this site its great.
Well i have been shooting since i was 14 and i am now 35
mostly shot guns and rimfire i picked up my first 243 yesterday and zeroed it to day WHOW sako 75 3 stainless steel laminated stock pred mod mtc viper scope looking forward to some stalking chatch you later :lol:

OK, this is my introduction…

I live in the West Country: 1 wife, 2 nippers, 2 labs, a leopard gecko called Stan & 2 Land Rovers

Over more years than I can remember I have shot a lot of pheasants, partridges & vermin but am now starting to get into the stalking lark slightly more seriously than just the occasional roe & going to I Scotland once a year to have a go at the reds

Currently I own a couple of Ruger 1022s, a Mauser K98k in 7.62mm, a Remington 700 VS in .308 & a Blaser R93 Pro Camo in .243 that I collected from my dealer this morning. Needless to say, most of the day has been taken up fiddling & I’ll be starting to get it properly set up tomorrow.

So, that’s why I am here

new member intro

Only came across the site the other day, from what ive read so far it is very informative and look forward to reading and learning from the posts in the future.

I'm from Ireland have been shooting approximately 15 years, stalking approximately 8 years predominatly sika/hybrids in dublin/wicklow as well as fallow/reds.

Currently using a Sauer 202 Outback & Sako 75 Stainless Synthetic.

Re: new bee

1820 said:
Hi there you Guys.
Anglo Saxon African , now living in the UK.
used to hunt as a kid in the easten Cape . Kudu , bushbuck, spring buck ex. used to have a sako 30 06 mouser 308 and a lee en .303 but my faverit was a .45 number 2 musket MARTINIE - HENRY SPORTERISED. black powder cartige single shot rifle, with buterfly sites.

any how I now have a .50 lyman ML and .50 side by side rifle ML

was out in South Africa last year to hunt Mountin riedbuck. no luck though, but my buddie got one and a kudu (£50.00 for the yong bull!)
with Muzzel Loading like bow hunting, luck skill and time! you have to have.

Ahhh a fellow countryman!!!

Boy old boy did you bring back memories now. Also had a 30-06, what a rifle, I had the SAKO and also a .223 for small game.

I was originally from Northern Transvaal - real bosveld if you know what i mean.

Hope to chat again in future. :lol:

morena said:
Hi Settler Welcome home No Xhosa Wars here .

Morena

Dumela Morena!

O kae?

Ke gona wena o kae?

and that is about all I remember!!

Do we have another fellow countryman here?

I feel at home already.

Hope to chat again in the near future.

Salani kahle

Scout556

Hi scout556

Yes, another fellow countryman here...

Originally from Durban but lived here for the past 8 years. I hunt in SA every year and was "home" in March. Managed to bad a nice knypkop for the pot and the farmer owner asked me to shoot a blue for his biltong supply. He didnt charge me for the blue so quite thankful for the opportunity (my first blue).

Hope you're looking forward to the Lions tour as much as I am?? whereabouts are you in the UK?

regards
sp4rkman

hi all

hi all im lee 25 from the midlands/nuneaton bin shooting since i was 17 started stalking 2 years ago i shoot 22,222 and 243 passed my dsc1 last year and hoping to do level 2 nxt year

hi all

hi all im lee 25 from the midlands/nuneaton bin shooting since i was 17 started stalking 2 years ago i shoot 22,222 and 243 passed my dsc1 last year and hoping to do level 2 nxt year

Hi i am phil , i own a pest control company, i am a trained game keeper aswell, as a deer cal i use a win 270 with home loads, which i use on all deer up and downing loads where needed, based in bucks i spent 2 years hunting reds and sika ,goats, boar, possoms, and the likes in NZ, and now work on all legal vermin, pests and game.

new in here

Hi , I'm from Chester, been shooting & all allied stuff since early teens, deerstalking is a bit of a treat for me, as I'm primarily a vermin shooter, got the bug on the B.A.S.C. Galloway scheme only found this site from Griff's weekend shoot!I am an avid reloader, & suffer from terminal Landroveritis, That should be enough I reckon! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back