Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a book to help me

a book to help me

i am still awaiting my variation to arrive for my 6.5 swede and wont be doing any thing to do withdeer untill well into the

new year and due to a long illness been out of work for last 5 months but hopefully returning to work next week

one of my sons has asked me what i would like for christmas i thought a book but which one can any one reccomend

one for me bearing in mind i know nothing about deer and dont want to get into stalking without learning any thing i plan to book a couple

of trips out with a stalker [NO RIFLE] just to take me around and give me a few pointers to learn but would also like a good

novice type book to read up on any ideas gents thanks dave

the whitehead encyclopedia of deer,lots of reading in that bad boy,and it will answer all of your questions....of deer anyway..

A good starting point would be "deer watch" by Richard prior along with "the deer stalking hand book" by Graham downing or "deer stalking and managment" by Lewis potter all good reads for the stalker starting out, and of intrest for the more experienced as well
    Last edited by dlz90; 03-12-2011 at 20:02.

The Deerstalking Handbook, written by Graham Downing, is a splendid read which will answer
    the majority of questions and was obviously written by a person who has 'been there and done that!'

Brianm

The manual that supports the DSC 1 is really worth owning. even if you are not going to do the course.

Ezzy

Has it been rewritten and had a spell check lately as the one I've got from 2001 is terrible!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    Has it been rewritten and had a spell check lately as the one I've got from 2001 is terrible!?
    no good asking me, maths and english were my 3 worst subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy6.5 View Post
    no good asking me, maths and english were my 3 worst subjects.

excellent lads i will look into these titles many thanks