Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogs Chasing Deer

Dogs Chasing Deer

I am after a bit of advice, today I came accross a rather well healed gent allowing his pointer and lab to chase deer adjacent to a public right of way. What I am after is axactly what laws he has broken by allowing his dogs off of the right of way, not having the dog under control and allowing his dogs to chase the deer?

He told me when confronted that is the way he exercises his dog and seamed shocked that I took exception to it!!
    Any pointers or links to the laws he has contravened would be much appreciated

Dave

The first point is that a dog should be under close control or on a lead. Close control is at heal or very close. I have it written down somewhere but the dangerous dogs comes into it dogs at large and alsorts. A dog must not be allowed to chase farm stock or wild animals and then there is the hunting act. Is he allowing the dog to hunt deer. If he dose it is intent to hunt and that comes under the hunting act. There are more but if you google it you will find out. The hunting act is the big one.

That all said WHAT A ****. I relish catching those sort.

Regards

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

He was not sneeking up to the deer and slipping the dog on them like the lurcher boys might but he was letting the dogs chase the deer and was watching them do so. He made no effort to try to call the dog off.

Dave

In the eyes of the law as he was making no attempt to stop them he must have been with intent, he allowed them to hunt them. If a hunts mans hounds hunt a fox he has to show that he did what he could to stop them and that it was an accident and that he had no intent to hunt it. Anything else by defintion must be intent surely.

Anyway he was still allow the dog to be out of control so he was contraviening other laws anyway. If you dont get some answers soon I will make a point of looking up the act.

Regards

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

i was stalking smorning,was eding closer to this roe doe and the farmer came bombing through on his quad and chased it across the field as he was heading to where his sheep were,i watched him undo gate,drive in,he went all around the edge and checked his fence,had a look at sheep and drove off the way i was planning on heading ,i saw where doe went into the hedge,didnt see where she went after,waited for him to go then headed that way,i am buggered when i got to where doe ran into the hedge she was still in there and ran off out of site.

North Yorkshire police have some good officers in their wildlife crime dept ring 101 and ask for the officer on duty let them know when and where they will attend. Also rspca inspector Jeoff Edmond is well versed in this and will use what influance he can to promote any prosicution,they may not always recieve good press but if you get hold of the right people you can get it stopped.what part of N. Yorks are you its a big area.
    G

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    i was stalking smorning,was eding closer to this roe doe and the farmer came bombing through on his quad and chased it across the field as he was heading to where his sheep were,i watched him undo gate,drive in,he went all around the edge and checked his fence,had a look at sheep and drove off the way i was planning on heading ,i saw where doe went into the hedge,didnt see where she went after,waited for him to go then headed that way,i am buggered when i got to where doe ran into the hedge she was still in there and ran off out of site.
    thing is , their use to him doing it every day arent they

One of the dogs wasn't called Fenton, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by devilishdave View Post
    I am after a bit of advice, today I came accross a rather well healed gent allowing his pointer and lab to chase deer adjacent to a public right of way. What I am after is axactly what laws he has broken by allowing his dogs off of the right of way, not having the dog under control and allowing his dogs to chase the deer?

He told me when confronted that is the way he exercises his dog and seamed shocked that I took exception to it!!
    Any pointers or links to the laws he has contravened would be much appreciated

Dave
    If all else fails threaten him with the RSPCA ( a well known group of charitable busybodies), hopefully they will both keep themselves mutually employed and leave you and your deer in peace

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    One of the dogs wasn't called Fenton, by any chance?
    Fenton,, what a hero !! hahahahaha JESUS CHRIST !! hahahaha brilliant