Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roe Stalking near Inverness

Roe Stalking near Inverness

Roe Stalking for skilled or novice Hunters. Bring your own Rifle or you’re welcome to use my Tikka .243. Instruction available if required. From only £80 per outing (Approx four hours). If an extra opportunity should arise after your successful stalk that would be fine, however you are restricted to two Roe per outing.

B&B also available - - www.cromalbank.com - - with pickup from Airport or Railway Station if required. Good easy walking areas - - mixed arable with plenty woodland. Companions are welcome and you may take your Venison home with you for a moderate £1 per pound. Here's a link if you want an idea of the ground - -
    Flash Earth - Zoom into satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

It is mainly the woodland on the east side marching with the Fort George Ranges on the west.
    Contact me, John Ross on 01667 462 166 or 07774 742 227 or cromalbank@aol.com for more info and available dates etc.

Thankyou.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Cracking day out yesterday John, 9 Roe seen, one of those was a Buck, one Doe shot.

Nice ground, relatively flat, good woodland with upto 200m visability through the trees. A thoroughly enjoyable (But hard) stalk with the weather conditions.

Cheers

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I'm glad you had a good day Stu -- & thanks for a lovely Doe left on the veranda! No doubt we'll have a catch up soon - - If you fancy another wander next week sometime let me know when suits.

ATB

JR

Well guys that's the festivities almost over so normality may be returning any day now - - I'm looking forward to it.

JR

Been another grand day here. A lovely dry day for a change without the accompanying gale force winds!
    Had two new Stalkers out - - one in the morning, the other this afternoon. Both got their first Roe after successful Stalks. Everyone happy - - couldn't be better.
    Still days left towards end of January and here and there in March.

JR

John, a big thanks for yesterday. I couldn't of asked for life with my new .243 to get off to a better start.
    As always a cracking morning with one Doe (my first) shot.
    Looking forward to many more outings.

Cheer

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 00 View Post
    John, a big thanks for yesterday. I couldn't of asked for life with my new .243 to get off to a better start.
    As always a cracking morning with one Doe (my first) shot.
    Looking forward to many more outings.

Cheer

Mark
    Thanks for that Mark - - a cracking Doe laden with fat. 44lbs, skinned, cleaned and ready for the Butcher. Your shot was straight through her heart at 100 yards. You can't get much better than that for your first Roe with the first shot through your new Rifle.

ATB

John

Fantastic to read that. Very well done Mark.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Well done, John's a good lad, nice ground.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

- - another beautiful morning here. Was out from first light. Almost dead calm though. Saw 13 Roe which was unlucky for us 'cause we never got one of them !

Never mind - - we only have to be lucky the once - - they have to be lucky all the time !!

JR
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "