red letter night

a mate of mine is a very keen foxer.a few years ago he and a mate of his shot 33 foxes in one evening,they did lamp quite a few farms and it went on into the small hours,he tried to better it the following week and managed a measley 20,most ive had is 5,have also had 5 at dusk aswell,they all appeared in the same spot,you could of covered 4 of them with a blanket.

My farmer pal Eric has shot 3 Red hinds, 1 Red calf and 6 Foxes in the last ten days with my .30-06 re-loads.
Picture below of a nights mischief a while ago.
HWH.

BUGGYCROWS011.jpg

That is impressive i would never shoot that many as the most rounds i ever take is 8. the most i ever shot is also 5 at dusk and once again they were shot close together. The first must have been the vixen followed by cubs going to investigate one by one.
just out of interest are they near a large city?

a mate of mine is a very keen foxer.a few years ago he and a mate of his shot 33 foxes in one evening,they did lamp quite a few farms and it went on into the small hours,he tried to better it the following week and managed a measley 20,most ive had is 5,have also had 5 at dusk aswell,they all appeared in the same spot,you could of covered 4 of them with a blanket.

Was it Andy down in Wales?

When i took on the beat where Gregor lives i had 200 adults and 9 litters in 12 months , it was a bit lively

think it was glastonbury way,yeah thats an amazing amount to shoot in one evening then do 20 the following week :D

i was just picking up a doe i shot sunday morning and i seen a fox crossing the field,got down and ranged it and it was 400yds,would of been a pb kill if i had the chance,i dialled in the clicks and he just moved to fast and i didnt get a shot,378yds best to date,nailed it

On a 1000 acre estate all we have seen is 3 and none were shot, due safety or range. Have we got very few or are we just crap at foxin.

On a 1000 acre estate all we have seen is 3 and none were shot, due safety or range. Have we got very few or are we just crap at foxin.

Nope not crap they've moved up to North Herefordshire. 4 one night last week and 3 the week before. Best we have had is 9 in one evening and 18 over 3 visits to one farm.

Jonathon

we see very few foxes on shoot days , last year on xmas week we killed 5 one night 3 another and then 8 another night . They may not be living on your ground but you can be sure theres more than 3 hunting on it espeacialy if you put birds down , get out after them now before they reproduce

Back