Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Variation required for Reloading???

Variation required for Reloading???

Guys,

I am thinking of starting to home load. It might be a silly question but do you need a variation, or something else, to your FAC to allow you to buy the components required to home load?

I would like to re load in .243 and .300 win mag, can anyone recommend a decent starter kit??

atb

NO but think from question you need someone to teach you about reloading and talk to people who know how before you go any further it can be very dangerious if you get things wrong

i agree find someone local who has been doing it for abit. to show you the ropes

...but you may need an increased allowance to buy boxes of bullets - I found out the hard way and had to send in variation for that!..oops.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    ...but you may need an increased allowance to buy boxes of bullets - I found out the hard way and had to send in variation for that!..oops.
    +1.

If you need to ask for a variation go for 500 buy 600 hold.

Target ammo is not a problem, but expanding requires a holding allowance before purchase in most areas.

Buying 500 means that you can buy a large quantity from the same batch (in the case of loaded ammo) and that will hopefully give consistency.

HTH

Thanks, it would be for expanding rounds, I guess i'll speak to my FLO and see what he suggests for a holding allowance

atb

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    +1.

If you need to ask for a variation go for 500 buy 600 hold.

Target ammo is not a problem, but expanding requires a holding allowance before purchase in most areas.

Buying 500 means that you can buy a large quantity from the same batch (in the case of loaded ammo) and that will hopefully give consistency.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by u32dw View Post
    Thanks, it would be for expanding rounds, I guess i'll speak to my FLO and see what he suggests for a holding allowance

atb
    Hampshire Police give you a decent ammunition allowance from the outset - expanding missiles in .243 acquire 500, possess 600

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Hampshire Police give you a decent ammunition allowance from the outset - expanding missiles in .243 acquire 500, possess 600

Home office guidelines section 13.21

Those involved in shooting vermin will
    normally be authorised to possess up to 750
    rounds and acquire 500 at any given time.

Theses are only guidelines Cooter, the police force can make up there own rules!
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Theses are only guidelines Cooter, the police force can make up there own rules!
    Cheers
    Richard
    Correction:-

Cooter, the police force DO make up there own rules!