Ridgeline Torrent jacket?

merlin

....after a number of years my Jahti Jakt jacket has started to let water in (discovered during torrential rain whilst after pheasants in the Lakes recently), so I'm thinking of adding a plain green lightweight jacket to my Xmas list as a replacement.

I noticed that Optics Warehouse are having a sale on Ridgeline, and you could pick up a Torrent jacket for 80 quid, which is a few bob cheaper than they usually are....

So - any good??? (If the general view is "No", I'll spend a bit more on a Rivers West or similar, just wondering if the Torrent keeps the water out without you dramatically overheating/drowning in your own sweat - my pheasant shooting involves dragging through fields of sprouts, up 'n' down hills, etc, not just standing at a peg!)

Just thought it may be a reasonable option for £80....?

Cheers,

Merlin

Hi Merlin, I bought the Ridgeline Monsoon jacket from Scott Country and have used it in some serious ****ing wet days. I can confirm it def dosnt leak........If its chilly I wear a fleece under it.......a cracking jacket for the money. Heres the advertising blurb.

Regards,

CADEX

...............................................................................................................................................

The Ridgeline Monsoon Jacket is Ridgeline's state of the art storm weather outerwear and combines Ridgelines “Big Four” or Warmth, Waterproofing, Durability and Functionality.

This hardcore Ridgeline Monsoon smock stalking jacket is the ultimate extreme weather garment in the popular anorak style.

Designed for the worst weather on the planet the new Monsoon II jacket will keep you warm and dry what ever the climate or terrain.

The new Ridgeline Monsoon II coat features a double cuff system, and two chest pockets with two side pockets.

It is now available in Buffalo Camouflage as well as the teak colour.

As Ridgeline dont make Monsoon Trousers, the new Ridgeline Roar trousers also come in teak to match the Monsoon and form a set.

Features include:
  • Waterproof / breathable and abrasion resistant seam sealed RL-Tex ™ three layer shell
  • Adjustable waist clinch
  • A big beefy waterproof chest pocket and roomy chest patch pocket
  • A foldaway hood (Permanently attached for bad weather security)
  • Adjustable neoprene cuffs to keep the water out and the warmth in.
  • Finished in Teak Colour
  • Sizes up to 5XL now available
  • This season we have improved this ultimate garment with new cuff and hood designs.

Thanks Freerange - I already have a smock type (Rivers West), and I wanted a 'shorter' type for when I'm pheasant shooting, and I reckoned it was worth a punt for the money....

I'll post my thoughts once I've worn it some grim weather!

hi there...

i ordered the eurolion jacket from them and great jacket for the cash but,.....

certainly not breathable.....if yer fair hiking on and working up bit o sweat you will soak.....i know their blurb says "breathable" but no way......saying that im as unfit as buggery so if you can walk bout without hanging out yer back end then i think for the money its a great jacket.....wore mine angus glens in weather like just had ( hurricane bawbag ) and wore thin fleece as midlayer..was warm and dry .....untill i work my fat ass up n down some hills then im soaking

sauer

Did a lot of searching of reviews the other day for exactly the same jacket and reson. It was delivered on Monday, had heavy rain and wind on it yesterday and is a top bit of kit for the money.

Even better I got free trousers with mine so it doesn't matter that its short cause I am!

N

Back