Strong Belt

RTA

Like the title suggests i am looking for a really strong belt i am sick of the cheap leather ones giving way . Can any of you chaps recommend a place to purchase such a belt.

There's a place in Brecon, Powys, that's famous for really good quality, handmade, strong, long lasting leather belts. If I find the name of the company I'll post it up for you.

Garry i looked at the website could not see no relation to leather work at all . But i will email him and ask if he can make me one.

Try Fife Country (used to be Hoggs of Fife) I think I am wearing one of theirs now. I used to have one by Dodds Daniel of Dorset but sadly it wore out after 20 years and I don't think they are around anymore
(I should have bought a lifetime supply of four with the benefit of hindsight)

That name was suggested to me twice Mark thanks i will contact the Pro-Shooting shop tomorrow. Also thank you to all who have PM me i am sure i will get what i need

I have used the same belt almost daily for 20+ years, it's a crocodile skin one got it in a shop in Freemantle Western Australia if your passing that way :D:D :coat:

John

I have been wearing a brown leather belt with cast bass buckle I brought from John Norris's catalogue about 10 years ago... No problems apart from shrinkage :confused: it seems to be getting shorter as the years go by :-| I am sure some one is either cutting it down or washing it so it shrinks..

I have been wearing a brown leather belt with cast bass buckle I brought from John Norris's catalogue about 10 years ago... No problems apart from shrinkage :confused: it seems to be getting shorter as the years go by :-| I am sure some one is either cutting it down or washing it so it shrinks..

All those belts you get from John Norris's are the same Brit I think its the type of leather they use, mine seems to have lost at least 3" in length what i canna understand though is they dont seem to go smaller in thickness it must be how the hides treated all I can think off mate.

I have started to use ex army heavy duty material military belts now with a clip fastener have been doing for years for stalking either that or braces, only problem with braces though if tha took short in the woods its sometimes takes a little time geeting them of your shoulders if they are under your jumper and you finish up with a warm friend in your strides:lol:

Best
Alan

Back