Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks JB

Thumbs up Thanks JB

My pal and I were going up to JBs on Saturday for a day on the hinds. I spoke to JB the day before concerning the weather.At first it seemed ok and we were already to get on the road for 5 the next morning.
    JB sent me a text at 4-o-clock saturday morning telling me the weather had turned and was in his words "wild wet and windy" and to get myself off back to the scratcher. I phoned my pal and told him the score.
    Thanks John, saved me a four hour trip. Really appreciated that.
    One of the better things that happened over the week-end
    Ta
    Alan

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

good luck and hope you get a hunt.
    i have found it best mysef to cancel if the weather is horrendous.
    client always appreciate honesty and a lost fee will be reained +, as they become regulars as they know they can trust you.

Quote Originally Posted by yorksjt View Post
    Hope it ok for Friday!
    Well there was about three feet of snow on the ground this morning, can't see it being much less by Friday. I will check another bit tomorrow but be prepared for the worse.

John

Double bugger !

Quote Originally Posted by yorksjt View Post
    Hope it OK for Friday!
    Don't bother would be my best advice Jaimie, it is, and has been for some time, snowing hard and forecast to get worse as the week goes on. I'm going out to check a bit of ground in a minute, don't know why as all I will get is cold and wet

John

Well I have been out and it is not bad on the bit I went to check but it is not as high as my other bit

But what tomorrow will bring, Who knows?

John
    Last edited by JAYB; 07-12-2011 at 13:55.

Streuth John. It doesn't seem like 5 minutes since I was up there! I was wondering how you were getting on with the snow - having heard the forecasts.

Doesn't look to bad... bad enough to get them feeding hard for the first few days I'd expect.

I'll get around to writing up a bit about my trip with the deer magnet with a few photographs soon.

Dave