gloves

glen13

The weathers getting colder and my hands suffer more and more[age]. Can i have some recomendations for a good pair of gloves to keep my poor hands WARM please-glen

I have a pair of sealskins , a pair of hikila , amd a pair of deer hunter neopreen
your hands always get wet at present deer hunter gloves seem to be best was out all this weekend and they were best
but suggest you have several pairs and keep changing them

I have the sealskinz and my hands freeze in them when its cold and cook the rest of the time, won't be buying them again!

My hands get really cold. I currently have a couple of pairs of Army surplus mitts. When it gets really cold, I put on fine woollen gloves underneath the mitts. Secondly, I put on a warmer hat. Regards JCS

Trouble is none will do all the jobs.

If you want to keep your hands warm and dry then a Gotex pair of sking gloves/mitts are the best Only buy gortex, everything else will leak. Mine work at -30c ontop of some mountains in Switzerland.

I have a pair of cammo neoprene gloves with fold back fingers which are good, available in most fishing tackle shops. Wear them when lamping at night particular when using hand held lamp from a moving vechicle.

Couple of years ago I read a review in gun mart for leather waterproof gloves. Purchased a pair for my dad who swears by them. Can't remember the maker/supplier.

Dont like woolen fingerless mitts as seem to attract every bramble/briar in area.

D

Thanks for all the help guys,lots of options to think about.will probably get more than one pair as it makes it more versatile,thanks again-glen

surplus and adventure have some great ex dutch army mitts for £7. perfect to just slip off before taking a shot. I like to wear the fingerless wool barbour gloves in general, and these slip nicely into the mitts too if you require more layering and not to have your hands completely expose once you remove the mitts.

I have the sealskinz and my hands freeze in them when its cold and cook the rest of the time, won't be buying them again!

Do you have the neoprene ones or the ones in the link above your post?

Those are the ones my girlfriend got me for my birthday, I really like them and would rate them highly.

Army leather combat gloves (the ones with the buckle) take some beating mind but I don't know where you'd fing them and how much they'd cost. Before I left the services they had changed to a new style gloves and they were pretty pants.

Last edited:
Mc Wet gloves work for me you get two different types winter and summer they are tight fitting so you still have all your feeling in your fingers Ebay £20+

+1 for MacWet. I usually put a pair of leather gardening gloves over the top of mine to protect them. Also find wet cold skin seems toe damage more easily. I take the leather ones off when I am in a sort of position to shoot.

David.

Back