Complete rubbish on The One Show

neil_r

Still reeling from the complete bilge being talked about gun control on the one show. Why give the woman a platform on national television to talk such uninformed, inaccurate and hysterical bollox.

Still reeling from the complete bilge being talked about gun control on the one show. Why give the woman a platform on national television to talk such uninformed, inaccurate and hysterical bollox.
Fortunately I missed it

well guys, if enough people complain about it they they will be due us an apology. As I understand it, if some nutter unfairly attacks a legitimate activity via what should be an objective broadcast then that's only right.

For those of us who missed it, what was the context and general content of her comments?

A mother who lost her son to a shooting incident (urban and criminal) visiting a clay ground and stating that all shooting should be banned as it encourages criminal use of firearms, there is no justification for shooting as a sport "It is all wrong" she stated with nothing to support her view. The owner of the shooting ground said that shotguns were not used in crime, she disagreed so he qualified what he said by saying that sporting legally held shotguns were not used in crime to which she said They can be converted and turned into weapons of mass destruction!

I am sure it will be available on BBC iPlayer, worth a watch to see the kind of rubbish we are up against.

Nearly as bad as the adventurers guide just in itv1 just there where a woman and film crew basically encouraged people to try and stalk up close to red deer in the lake district...they chased them all over the lake district to get close... Then referred to them as a herd of wilder beast such factual shows being aired.

Oh come on you honestly believe the BBC cares what law abiding people say or think :rolleyes:.

They only care about their ratings and their own twisted perception of utopia.

As for an apology from the BBC :rofl: now perhaps you missed your calling as a comedian ;).

Blair and Brown might be gone but their stoolies in the BBC (Blair bul-lsheete Co) remain to do the dirty work.

Unfortunately, because of the general vilification of BASC on this site, we should group them alongside the BBC and expect no reasoned response from them in due course ;)

Stan

Last edited:
The same woman has been on the television before. Every time there's a bit of bbc gun controversy needed they wheel this poor woman out spouting the same old story. She lost a child to gun crime which has blinkered her mind so far that she simply cannot accept guns and there legal use.

I thought it was great - the general direction was that there is no harm in legally held shotguns and then they rolled out this wonderful lady who, for me, in her own unique way highlighted the fact that the people objecting to legal shooting are a bunch of total nut jobs.

All the questioning that I saw was directed at legal shooting being safe but they presented the other side in the person of this lady who objected strongly to shooting. She wasn't given an easy time that I saw and her performance was most excellent and worthy of an award from BASC.

we have the strictest gun laws and lowest field sport related fatalitys world wide!! i never saw the one show but can imagine how it veiwed....probably went along the same lines as the people who feature on tv moaning about the stop and search laws!!!! so long as we all act within the law we dont have a problem!!!

Back