Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New HS Pup

New HS Pup

Attachment 10834Attachment 10835

I know it is still in the early stages of coming off, but earlier this year I had made some enquiry into sourcing a Hanoverian for sometime next year as my GWP is now 9, and looking a couple of years ahead...

barongcw(Georges) off the site put me in touch with a friend of his Rudi, who is based in Belgium, in the hope a pup from his litter with appropriate paperwork and suitable for importing would be available. As it turned out Rudi decided he was not taking a litter this year or next but he in turn spoke with a friend of his in Hungary, who both he and Georges have dogs from, and informed me that she (a vet in Hungary) will perhaps have one available from a litter early next year if all goes well.

After several phone calls and numerous emails, I got a message last month telling me that the breeder in Hungary's bitch had just given birth.... to a single bitch puppy, and as I had shown interest sometime previously, I was being offered first opportunity to take it. Having lost 2 of my old dogs earlier this year, and a lot of empty space now obvious in the kennels, it did not take long to decide.

The main point in posting this is to thank both Georges and his friend Rudi, who have gone so far out their way (at no gain whatsoever to themselves) in assisting me in finding this pup. Rudi has even offered to drive to his friends in Hungary and pick the pup up for me and bring her back to Belgium where she will stay until able to travel over at 16 weeks old under the new quarantine laws. The trip for him is 1350km and all that he has asked is that I cover his fuel and any motorway tax due en route. Rudi said that during her initial 2 month stay with him he will even start her training. As you can see from the photo's they begin that deer association early! His own daughter is a vet and will sort all the injections out to allow the travel, and all paperwork will be completed for me.

This is all so a small number of complete enthusiasts can see this breed they are so passionate about become more popular in this country, or at least that is the impression I got from them all!

A huge thanks to all those concerned, Georges, Rudi and Rob (also from SD) and a great example of how far some folk will go to help others.
    Last edited by jamross65; 06-12-2011 at 20:14.

Still plenty of good guys out there mate.... looks like fun....
    Hope you are going to call her LUCKY im sure single pup litters are often aborted

Quote Originally Posted by nell View Post
    Still plenty of good guys out there mate.... looks like fun....
    Hope you are going to call her LUCKY im sure single pup litters are often aborted
    Didn't know that about single pup litters...

What's Lucky in German?

glücklich.... lovely looking pup you've got waiting in the wings... keep us updated on her progress!
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Hi JM,

I have met all three at various different dog days this year and can say they are all very good people and well done to them for being so helpfull, George has also given me some very good info on a Hanoerian for myself.

I have to wait a bit longer than you for mine.

good luck with your training and keep us posted.

Tony

Sure she'll turn out a cracker,Georges is very very knowledgable on the breed and tracking dogs and a gentleman to boot
    This is nothing but good news for the breed
    Reliable dogs going to heavily worked homes,just what's needed

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Just got an email from Rudi telling me that the pup has already been named by the breeder and it is as a result of it coming to Scotland....

Whisky!

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Just got an email from Rudi telling me that the pup has already been named by the breeder and it is as a result of it coming to Scotland....

Whisky!
    I suggest you toast her arrival!

By the look of her it will not be Glenmorangie whisky. Looks like a staffy cross pit bull pup you had better keep the paperwork on you or it might end up in the pound with dangerous dog on the weld mesh door.
    Last edited by rudy65; 07-12-2011 at 21:50.

she looks a cracker bet you cant wait