how far are you prepared to travel for your stalking

wboulter

how far do you travel to your stalking ground i`m not talking 1 or 2 trips to scotland a year ground you go to regular just curious with the price of fuel and that now i have 2 travel 2 half hours each way with the cost £90 in fuel its creasing me

3 miles for roe the odd fallow and red. ( the fallow and red have been released so dont hit them hard) muntjac and wild fallow over 100 .
Sinbad

20 miles for red roe fallow and munties, hearing from some of the previous comments I think I'll count myself very lucky!

Approx 1/2 mile to Forestry Gate & the same to Country Park where i shoot.
Could walk but i am a lazy bugger, only Roe on my ground. :old: ;)

Fallow and Muntjac less than 2miles, roe, fallow and sika 300mile round trip to dorset and back, which is about £80 in fuel.

25 miles to my local Roe ground, 240 to my Scottish Roe ground, and 360 miles to my Scottish Red ground. As much as I love my local ground, there is something special about Scotland.

i`ve got a small bit of ground 30 miles away with the odd fallow on but its very it and miss no pun intended

3 hour drive syndicate,in herts.Johndownes,just out of interest where abouts in worcs are the fallow.I have a small piece of ground out at stanford/great whitley area only seen the odd munty.

Drive 220 miles to shooting ground with mate every month and same back - 90 quid diesel, B&B, food etc and factor in the cost of the syndicate ..................................... and it's worth every bloody penny :D

Under 1 mile or just over 2 depending on which block locally for Roe only, this is my main ground.

For Reds it's 40 miles to one piece of ground and 70 miles to the other but these are through invites and not regular stalking.

Either way it's not too far considering some of the responses so far.

under 10 minuets to the local piece and 4 and 1/2 hours to my syindacate every 3rd week to scotland 500 round trip happy days tho....Neil

Back