Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laser light 3dx3 x 50

laser light 3dx3 x 50

Popped into the KWG sussex gunshop to pick up some fenn traps and came out with above laser style lamp (like you do), 320 squids, just been out to try it and it is the most sharpest lamp I have ever used, fantastic illumination, it has wide beam down to pinpoint accurate with a light leveler on the back of the picatanny rail fitting to match / alter to the the scope alignment 300 metre range and more.

Any one used one ?. cracking piece of well made longterm kit -------- so far --------------- cant wait to get out and give a proper test

Can't find it on the web. Is it an ND3 or similiar?
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

SD Regular
    ....sounds like an ND3x50 to me - 320 seems a little on the steep side though?

I have had one for a while and find it excellent - when I have been able to liberate it from various shooting colleagues!! It has received variable press, but I really like it - especially on the foxes, who in my neck of the woods at least seem unpeturbed by it - but then they tend not to live to much longer after 'seeing the light'......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Hi Philip,
    A friend of mine as just bought one (ND3X50) and I have used it a few times now, I have to say that it is a superb piece of kit for foxes, went out the other night with a keeper friend who was troubled by some very lamp shy foxes, the first field we went to there was a fox that he had seen several times in the lamp but was very wary.
    He spotted it quickly in the lamp then I switched on the laser mounted on my rifle, it was at the top of the field, the fox was totaly unaware of our prescence, in fact it walked within 40 yards with the laser on it all the time, then it was dispatched.
    If I had to make one critisism the mount supplied is very poor and easily knocked, we use a mount that I have off another light system and that works fine, and they are also affected by the cold.
    Happy Hunting.
    Nic/Sikaside
    Oh and by the way there are 4 on Ebay now starting price 99 brand new
    Last edited by Sikaside; 08-12-2011 at 21:46.

Ive seen one in use, cracking bit of kit ND3x50, this is the most powerful and expensive in the range. There is and ND3 (250 yards), ND3x40 (400 yards), and an ND3x50 (500 yards). They come in two variations If your using here in winter you need the "sub zero" version as the normal one cuts out in cold weather. If you're looking for one Mike Dickinson "Calton Moor Range" is about to have some delivered.

Make sure you get the sub zero version of the ND3.

I know of a couple of guys who have used the basic model and the light fades like a dying battery in the cold.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    used both the nd3 and the nd3x50,

both worked well and the cure for the cold is a heating hand pad and a rubber band.

sadly i would love one of the 3x50's as it proved its worth some money BUT NOT WORTH 320, until they drop in price i will still only dream of one,

PS: be careful of the ebay ones, there are a lot of fake ones on the market (as normal)

bob.

i shot 2 rabbits at 150 yards with the ND3 and my 20 tac. never used the 3x50 for shooting just tried it as a spotter as it was on loan from the local shop. worked so well i had trouble giving it back.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

What distance could you REALISTICALY shoot to with the 3x50?

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RPA 6MM BR View Post
    What distance could you REALISTICALY shoot to with the 3x50?
    I have limited myself to 200 yds - but the x50 is capable of much greater things. I would suggest it will give you enough light to ID at whatever range your scope limits you to. The really nice thing for me is how easy it is to control the beam, so that it is the same size as the FoV of your scope or bino's. What I would say is that as a concentrated beam, it is too bright to shoot with......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    to be honest i would say that with the nd3 150 was far enough but the world is a smaller place with the ND3x50,

we tested it on my local golf club just 3 miles up the road and we could identify a brown/red'ish target 6" sq at 300yards, but that was about it. as we had some shooting to be done we cracked on,

we then turned to see just how far the thing would work,

the club runs alongside Salisbury plain training area and from the point i was at was close to the point where we used to bore-sight the Chieftain/Challenger tanks i used when in the forces, and that was done out to 1200 yards,

and we could light up the 10' sq white bore-sight screen with the 3x50 no problems at all.i was not to sure on using it that night as the local shop had loaned it to me and i did not want to have a bill that i could not afford so we used it three times that night,

nd3x50

1, shot one was at a leica range of 200 yards on a furballgolfcourseholediggingvarmint and was done with no problems (20tac)
    2, shot 2 was a charlie at 225 yards leica again with the 243.................. and sleep. was easy to see with the 3x50 in open land you have on a golf course.
    3, shot 3 was taken by Darren one of my shooting buddies with my 243 212 yards leica again 3x50 no problems he shot 1 rabbit next to a small group of bunnies and they never noticed the 3x50 light at all so he took a second but only went and head shot the one above the one he was aiming at.

they are good for what they are but they are NOT NV and a most certainly NOT worth 320.

but im a jock who is unemployed and im not tight im just skint all the time

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube