Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Mail

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

Royal Mail

well i got a parcel (2 really) at 6pm tonight. just as i was sitting down to my tea with the girls, and i slaved over that microwave for all of 20 minutes.

why are we paying for a service that is not being deliverd,(excuse the pun)

i sent a scope to a lad in september and on the same day i orderd a part from Numrich USA,

and the one from the USA arrived before the one in the uk,

how bad is it getting,

sorry rant over

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Some time back I ordered some stuff from the USA, I think it was from Cabelas. They posted it promptly and I was able to track it on its route which took it across most of the USA and across the Atlantic to Germany (guess the carried had an EU hub there) It then came to Dublin and then to the Northern Ireland main mail sorting centre which is about 7 miles from my house. So far it had taken 24 hours to get to within sight of my house. The additional 7 miles took a week.

Hi Bob

Know what you mean mate.

I can get reloading equipment for the USA in 8 day's delivered!

And the same equipment takes longer from England UK, if it arrives? most times NOT!

It's a joke!

ATB Wullie.
    Your a long time dead, enjoy every day like it's your last!!!

I ordered a part from Titan Reloading in the states on Monday, it was delivered on the Friday, brilliant.

Years back I ordered a spotting scope from a place in Cornwall, at the time I lived near Gatwick airport, I paid for over night guaranteed 24Hr delivery ...................................... the scope arrived 9 days later so I phoned and complained and all I got was :-

Well it arrived didn't it
    No way could you get postal ape to understand that the contract entered into and paid for was 24hr delivery not a 9 day delivery. Like last year with my Go/No-Go gauges from the US they managed to rip open the padded jiffy bag and lose the Go gauge the one I REALLY needed. Once again the answer was :-

Well you got one didn't you
    Live in a different part of the country now but seemed to find the same postal ape to talk to. Had to e-mail Forster who sorted the claim out from their end as they "paid" the postage. You know the postal apes knew it was torn open as they even stuck a white sticky label over the rip.

The good ol' Royal Fail.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

You're rubbing it in, Bob. I've just bought a new scope from the US. It took 3 days to travel from Pennsylvania to some customs house in the midlands. That was almost 2 weeks ago; i've waited almost an additional 2 weeks for Royal Mail to bring it the last 200miles. All i get from their tracking site is 'in process.'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    You're rubbing it in, Bob. I've just bought a new scope from the US. It took 3 days to travel from Pennsylvania to some customs house in the midlands. That was almost 2 weeks ago; i've waited almost an additional 2 weeks for Royal Mail to bring it the last 200miles. All i get from their tracking site is 'in process.'
    it really is pants,

heres the best one, about 5 years ago i sent to the states for a 5 band 3 element cubical quad ham radio antenna, i purchased it ovet the net and was being shipped using bax Global.

2 days befor this i ordered a new scope on line from blackpool airguns for my Rapid mkII fac

the antenna arrived and it was built and placed on my 60 foot mast and i was using it for 3 days before the scope arrived.

i think the snail mail name is correct, and as for customer support and help they have a lot to learn.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Didnt know you where a cq'er bob
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Didnt know you where a cq'er bob
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...yoOIqSEp_bGiig

yes mate, used to have 3 towers up at the old house.

30 50 and 60 feet,

G0WYD,

qrt for some time now after the radio shake was done over, just lost interest in it when the ****ers robbed me of all my gear,

ft1000mp matching speaker
    quadra liner amp
    un-opened ft1000mp Mk5
    ic7400
    ic706mkII
    ft2500m
    2 x 30 am psu's
    4 desk mic's
    2 kent morse keys

and a shoot load of gear

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 08-12-2011 at 01:57.