Royal Mail

bobjs

well i got a parcel (2 really) at 6pm tonight. just as i was sitting down to my tea with the girls, and i slaved over that microwave for all of 20 minutes.
:banghead:
why are we paying for a service that is not being deliverd,(excuse the pun)

i sent a scope to a lad in september and on the same day i orderd a part from Numrich USA,

and the one from the USA arrived before the one in the uk,

how bad is it getting,

sorry rant over

bob.

Some time back I ordered some stuff from the USA, I think it was from Cabelas. They posted it promptly and I was able to track it on its route which took it across most of the USA and across the Atlantic to Germany (guess the carried had an EU hub there) It then came to Dublin and then to the Northern Ireland main mail sorting centre which is about 7 miles from my house. So far it had taken 24 hours to get to within sight of my house. The additional 7 miles took a week.

Hi Bob

Know what you mean mate.

I can get reloading equipment for the USA in 8 day's delivered!

And the same equipment takes longer from England UK, if it arrives? most times NOT!

It's a joke!

ATB Wullie.

Years back I ordered a spotting scope from a place in Cornwall, at the time I lived near Gatwick airport, I paid for over night guaranteed 24Hr delivery ...................................... the scope arrived 9 days later so I phoned and complained and all I got was :-

Well it arrived didn't it

No way could you get postal ape to understand that the contract entered into and paid for was 24hr delivery not a 9 day delivery. Like last year with my Go/No-Go gauges from the US they managed to rip open the padded jiffy bag and lose the Go gauge the one I REALLY needed. Once again the answer was :-

Well you got one didn't you

Live in a different part of the country now but seemed to find the same postal ape to talk to. Had to e-mail Forster who sorted the claim out from their end as they "paid" the postage. You know the postal apes knew it was torn open as they even stuck a white sticky label over the rip.

You're rubbing it in, Bob. I've just bought a new scope from the US. It took 3 days to travel from Pennsylvania to some customs house in the midlands. That was almost 2 weeks ago; i've waited almost an additional 2 weeks for Royal Mail to bring it the last 200miles. All i get from their tracking site is 'in process.'

You're rubbing it in, Bob. I've just bought a new scope from the US. It took 3 days to travel from Pennsylvania to some customs house in the midlands. That was almost 2 weeks ago; i've waited almost an additional 2 weeks for Royal Mail to bring it the last 200miles. All i get from their tracking site is 'in process.'

it really is pants,

heres the best one, about 5 years ago i sent to the states for a 5 band 3 element cubical quad ham radio antenna, i purchased it ovet the net and was being shipped using bax Global.

2 days befor this i ordered a new scope on line from blackpool airguns for my Rapid mkII fac

the antenna arrived and it was built and placed on my 60 foot mast and i was using it for 3 days before the scope arrived.

i think the snail mail name is correct, and as for customer support and help they have a lot to learn.

bob.

Didnt know you where a cq'er bob :)

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...B7l0MiawwiugyeTGw&sig2=Y_luHJFUyoOIqSEp_bGiig

yes mate, used to have 3 towers up at the old house.

30 50 and 60 feet,

G0WYD,

qrt for some time now after the radio shake was done over, just lost interest in it when the fookers robbed me of all my gear,

ft1000mp matching speaker
quadra liner amp
un-opened ft1000mp Mk5
ic7400
ic706mkII
ft2500m
2 x 30 am psu's
4 desk mic's
2 kent morse keys

and a shoot load of gear

bob.

Last edited:
In their defence sometimes it's the monkey's in customs. Had a package with some scope mounts and P-14 complete rear sight held up by customs for investigation about a dozen years back. Placed the Order with Gunparts Corp in October but nothign received 3 weeks later. So contacted them. They said wait another three weeks and in not arrived contact them again so I did and they replaced the lost shipment. Then the following July Mum and Dad come home to find Plod and a custom chappie on doorstep holding said missing package. Plod had come from Lincoln and Customs from Peterbourough, so two cars and it was their second attempt as first time no one was home.

All this because there was ...................................." drum roll" £0.77p in customs duty to pay :rolleyes: ....................................................................... no wait for the Plod was there because Gunparts were beign ordered from a house with no firearms licence. I Lived in Surrey at the time but had the order was sent to Mothers as I was supposed to here for a couple of weeks when ti was supposed to have arrived.

Well Mother tells them straight what a waste of public money and plods time as there wa snothing in the package that required a firearms licence... Oh we know says pathetic PC PLod :cuckoo: so why are you here then she asks :-

A deafening silence is the stern reply ............................... ten splutter.. ah well splutter... there is duty to pay. Hmm thought that was customs job.

Over to custom man who is looking rather bemused.

He demands the duty and Mother refuses telling him that I had already received the order. To which he says but he can't have as I have it here. So she carefully explains that since both retards have taken so long in trying to collect this huge amount of duty that the shipment was classed as lost some SIX months before and Gunparts sent a replacement order which seeing as was free no duty due.

Stunned silence from them both!

But splutter......... splutter what do we do with this package then?

I don't know but seeing as how he has received the parts ordered last December that's your problem. The customs chap placed the package down and walked away followed by PC Plod. She phones me that evening and I crease up and e-mail Gunparts and relate the tale and offer to send the order back ..................................... keep it with our compliments was the answer.

This huge order contained three sets of Alloy 1" scope rings to fit weaver bases and the afore mentioned P-14 rear sight. For years I kept that box in the garage just for the giggle it gave us but eventually the mice chewed it up so it got put on the bonfire.

So two cars covering some 300 miles plus monkey's time of god only how many hours investigating the suppose illegal buying of dangerous gunparts worth a total of 77 pence n customs duty......................... no wonder the country is in a state. It also shows the Lincs police have had this stupid attitude to gun licences for many years.

Oh yes Conventry seems to be the clearing house from stuff coming in. My banner Miller "Welcome Hunters" banner:-

39577138.jpg

Would not fit into my case so Stewart posted it too me and it came through Conventy as did the Swiss Schmidt Rubin I brought from a chap in Switzerland. The customs ape managed to drop that onto a bench edge puttign a very sharp deep cut into the top wood of the fore stock :mad: of course they are not liable for such damage.

Back