Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santa's coming! (And he 's promised a new rifle slip!)

Santa's coming! (And he 's promised a new rifle slip!)

Santa is coming - but he needs some guidance!
    What i'm looking for is a padded slip to take a standard Sako 75 rifle with scope, bipod and moderator (one has an ASE S5 and the other a Reflex T8).
    It is mainly for protection during transit in the vehicle and not for carrying any distance, so shoulder straps etc is not essential.
    I've seen the Napier 'Razorback' Stalker which seems to tick all the boxes for about 150. Has anyone got one or something similar that they could recommend?
    Cheers.
    MS

MS try these:

http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/products.asp?cat=509

AIM tactical drag bags. Loads of straps if needs be...plust they tuck away when not required. A couple of large pockets to carry extra gear (i fit binos rangefinder, fox calls, cleaning rod and a few other bits and bobs with room to spare. Loads of padding also.

Highly reccommended, plus you can get one to suit the length of your rifle plus mod.

Plenty padding enough also...most importantly!

AIM. Simple as.

+1 with the Aim, or try the Country Covers padded case if you dont need the pockets and straps, two sizes available and will take rifle,mod and bipod.

+ another for AIM loads of room, good sturdy bags.

+1 AIM,plenty of pockets for all the necessary extra bits.......

The AIM does look good, although too many pockets and the shoulder straps probably not required. The trouble with pockets is that you fill them with ***** that you don't actually need!
    Does anyone know if the AIM bags have a NSN (Nato Stock Number)?
    MS

What on earth is a NATO stock number??...is that army issue or something??....let me know where to look and i will check mine....

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    What on earth is a NATO stock number??...is that army issue or something??....let me know where to look and i will check mine....
    It won't be on the bag mate, but could possibly be on the bag it came in, depending on where it came from. Anyone that knows what a NSN is will know why I'm asking. I'm curious to know whether these are general issue to serving troops.
    MS

Mine didnt have a NSN on it, be nice if they did!