Huge sambar stag shot in the swamp

Hello John, while I may not reply, it is nice to see other stalkers results. So please keep posting those photos. perhaps you might give us non travellers an idea of your stalking down under.:tiphat:

+ 1

Hi John
I always have a look and like your photos but don't comment sorry, maybe I'm just shy :oops:
please keep posting them.

Wayne

Yes Cougar you do and its appreciated. You are number one on my list for a weeks hunting sambar with me in Australia.

Loading pics here on my tired old system takes me quite some frustrating time and then to see a thread with 90 views and no replies is a bit of a let down.Theres another thread with 350 odd views..... are people lazy or are they not that really into hunting?
I dont seek back slapping at all but isn't replying a valuable asset to the forums own health?

Of course when someone wants to know for the umpteenth time "what scope is good for my Remchester magnum" there will be members jumping out of the woodwork to throw in their say.

f7e2c310.jpg
:D

John I like good photo's and thats what yours are. What camera and lens are you using? I have a Sony A100 with a 70 to 300 mm and a 90 mm macro.

I'm no expert on Australian animals, but I'm sure that's a Koala :D
Seriously John, I'm amazed at the colours you achieve in your photos. That must be some camera and lens. And skill of course. Is there a secret? Do you have to use lens filters?

Country Victoria,clean air and clear blue skies helps with light.My main problem with the deer is that they dont like light..baa=steds!
Have never used a filter ever,in fact I dont own one.

Hi John,

I would just like to say that I am one of your many fans when it comes to the stunning photographs that you regularly post on here. I can only dream about the posibility of visiting your country let along walking in areas inhabited by Massive Sambar Stag and the likes of Kangaroos and Koalas etc.
The tales of your hunting exploits show us what real hunting in truely wild inaccessible country must be like, and I really enjoy your posts.

It is nice to see glimpses of exotic beasts in their own unique environments and I look forward to your posts and your superb photography

Sorry if you feel your posts are undervalued here, I will try to reply more often. Keep up the good work.

All the best

Lakey

Hi John,

I would just like to say that I am one of your many fans when it comes to the stunning photographs that you regularly post on here. I can only dream about the posibility of visiting your country let along walking in areas inhabited by Massive Sambar Stag and the likes of Kangaroos and Koalas etc.
The tales of your hunting exploits show us what real hunting in truely wild inaccessible country must be like, and I really enjoy your posts.

It is nice to see glimpses of exotic beasts in their own unique environments and I look forward to your posts and your superb photography

Sorry if you feel your posts are undervalued here, I will try to reply more often. Keep up the good work.

All the best

Lakey

Well said.

+1 as above

Great pics John , its always good to see what's going on in your neck of the woods
;)

Thank you John, that is a very kind offer. It would be a dream come true for me. I think right now I would have difficulty getting over to Aus, but I will look into the possibility of organising such a trip.I thank you indeed for an enormously generous offer.

I look forward to your next lot of pictures

All the best

Lakey

Back