Tracking Harness

Huntingstella

I am looking into tracking harnesses and would like some advice on which one to buy and where to buy it at a realistic price.

Gary

I bought a webmaster one by ruffwear, it's bright red so you can see it and has a carry handle on the top for holding dog or lifting it.

WebmasterHarness_Red_RightSide_500__29358_zoom.jpg

View attachment 10889

The Ruffwear one looks very interesting, (price is as well), but as it's designed for SAR dog work it will have different features from a pure tracking harness - lifting the dog, as David pointed out, or pulling it upwards require the forces to be spread hence the addition rear strapping. From the pic it looks to me that it isn't geared towards pure tracking in the same way as the Niggeloh is. The front shoulder straps don't appear to be as padded as the Niggeloh, (neither does the rest of it from the pic), - which could be helpful if you have a really hard pulling dog - and the Niggeloh has a swivel attachment underneath which is good if your dog works best with the lead between his legs, mine does as per the one in this pic. - oops, just spotted that the lead is on the top swivel, but you can just make out the one underneath which has a strap over over it when not in use. :oops:
View attachment 10888

Having said that, the Ruffwear harness does appear to have some nice features that the Niggeloh doesn't so could be a good alternative.

Last edited:
I had a leather one made by a saddler, it will fit on my springer who is very very small, as well as fitting on my Large Munsterlander. Brass rings on it so it will last a long long time! Cost me £50.

Does anyone know how much will Muntjac charges for postage, i have had a good look through the site, and cannot get a total price.

I would have thought that Muntjac Trading would be the best person to ask - email or a 'phone call should answer your query

Back