Thread: Used rimfire cases

Used rimfire cases

Just wondering if anyone makes use of or if there are uses for used rimfire cases, seems a waste to just throw them away! Seb

Jackets for .22 and 6mm bullets if you want to swage you own.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by sebrobinson View Post
    Just wondering if anyone makes use of or if there are uses for used rimfire cases, seems a waste to just throw them away! Seb
    Depending on the sort of cases you have, it can be possible to use them as jackets for making .22 centrefire ammo with. I've never tried it myself but I'm sure Muir either has done it or can at least comment on the practice.

Or you could make a fist whistle with one of them, of course. Does anyone else know about those?

i was thinking something like that, how do you go about making a fist whistle?? thanks

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by sebrobinson View Post
    i was thinking something like that, how do you go about making a fist whistle?? thanks
    Geez trying to answer that question is the internet equivalent of listening to a cookery programme on the radio and trying to figure out what the food tastes like.

Can you get a cartridge to make a musical note by blowing across the end of it?.......... Like a milk-bottle flute?

Now grip a spent .22 rimmy case between two fingers of a closed fist, place your mouth/lips against the appropriate adjacent knuckles and blow across the open end, get the picture?

When you get it right it can be surprisingly loud.

I helped a friend make 224 bullets from annealed .22LR Brass. He annealed them, swaged them in a drawing die to a uniform thickness, then swaged them with a lead core into neat little HP. They shot reasonably well but it was a lot of work. ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I helped a friend make 224 bullets from annealed .22LR Brass. He annealed them, swaged them in a drawing die to a uniform thickness, then swaged them with a lead core into neat little HP. They shot reasonably well but it was a lot of work. ~Muir
    and a lot of cost when you look into it,the result will be bullets that are O.K. but not great. Have a look at the Corbin website.

i keep them in a big bag with any other bits of brass until I have enough to go to the scrap man!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    i keep them in a big bag with any other bits of brass until I have enough to go to the scrap man!
    +1