Thread: Ford ranger

Ford ranger

Evening all
    Been thinking of getting a pick up for a while now. Considered new or nearly new hilux or ford ranger but decided against it as its likely to get *****d up an scratched going down narrow lanes. Iv been offered a 2004 ford ranger 2.5 xlt today and just wondered if anyone has any previous or current experiences with this vehicle.
    Cheers. Matt.

Had a bog basic 51 plate ex Scottish Water one for 4 years. Only needed a clutch slave cylinder at 147,000 miles. Have had a 54 plate ex FC one (with all the FC bells and whistles) for past 6 months, only needed number plate bulb for MOT. The later one has a better ride (possibly because it's carrying a bit of weight), better power steering, and ABS. Fuel consumption is about 26-28 mpg. They are really Mazdas with a Ford badge. IMHO the Jap 4x4 pick ups are all pretty much the same, but the Rangers can be picked up cheaper than the others.

Have had my 03 plate one for 4 years now, problem with Gearbox when I first bought it, apart from that very good, you are limited with the 4x4 system when compared to Land Rover, but I believe all the Pick Ups are the same, not the highest of power more of a plodder but very good and practical, Would buy another although would probably go for the TDCi one next

Have a friend and a Father in Law that swears by them.

i have an 09 Ranger at present and it's a nice ride, get's me to where i need to go and not got stuck so far

if i had a choice thou i would have a Hilux, much better build!

got both , you cant beat a hi lux but a ranger will do the same job . Its all about tyres and your right foot

Thanks guys
    Going to have a proper look at it tomorrow.
    Is there anything in perticular I need to keep an eye out for while giving it a once over.
    Cheers. Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5/284matt View Post
    Is there anything in perticular I need to keep an eye out for while giving it a once over.
    Cheers. Matt.
    Dont think there's anything that's particular to the Ranger